View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #154
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
Now the Indy car is a different story.....the event itself is perceived to be more upscale, more technology driven. We wanted that to affect the look of the car, and went for a more timeless look. Like the original 69, we didn't want to add more to the car then we needed. The 69 had no exterior changes from production, it lived off the color.......this simple approach to Pace cars has been lost on many, but I believe it's a big part of why the 69 is one of the most sought after Pace cars of all time.
I mirrored the areas of change as much as I could with the new 2011. The heritage grille picks up on the look of the RS package of 69 with it's center opening surrounded by body color. Also the stripe IS the statement, with an added twist of it affecting the interior. Outside of the grille & floor mats, every other change is ONLY available on a limited number basis specifically on the Indy. The Headrest, Sill plates, Full length stripes, Striped IP/Door inserts & specific gill decals can only be purchased via the Indy. We had plans for a specific modern interpretation of houndstooth, but things don't always go as planned.
So to answer your question about MORE special, it depends on what sort of stuff is special to you. I think they both Rock considering the parameters of the projects.
If the color is so important, then how could you get it wrong? I'm being compeltely honest here. Inferno Orange is not Hugger; Hugger is the iconic color. You say it's a one-off, that it lives off the stripes, that the heritage mattered, yet you put the wrong orange and, to top it off, Mustang "full length" stripes. I just don't understand you guys

We managed to build a true-to-heritage 69 Z10 replica, with appropriate Hugger Orange stripes, and with a much smaller budget...why can't you?

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500

Last edited by SSRSLY; 02-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote