View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #79
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
How are you liking the rental?
I liked it except.... The suspension felt unrefined(it was softer but you could feel the bumps more, hard to describe; the G feels more nose heavy, but lighter and quicker responses to steering input), gearing far far too high(I never got out of 2nd gear merging onto highway without speeding too much). I felt like it was slow for 323 hp, but then I got a G37 loaner auto today and it feels slow too(same speed). What is going on ? Haha... The Camaro's powerband felt like a Honda J series V6, in terms of the linearity of the powerband. The exhaust seems a bit obnoxious and almost sounds aftermarket, but it's not a "bad sound" per say. The sun visors are.... pretty pathetic haha, and the 36 presets for am/fm was just a tad overkill. Good car, just small gripes here and there!

Random notes:
-They should have a blind spot monitoring system for these cars on the highway.
-The headroom is excellent(of course the rental had no sunroof), as opposed to what I have read.
-I like the new steering wheel for 2012.
-Afer driving it, I think a good set of 3.73's/4.10's/4.56's or whatever is out there would make such a huge difference over any other breather(I/E) modifications.... The main slowdown in the auto's(at least) is the fuel economy gearing.
-The cupholders receive a score of 8/10, big enough for two big gulps.... but just barely.
-I liked driving with the foglights on during the day, looks 10x better with them on.
-Every ricer with a fart can revved at me.
-I received numerous compliments on it despite it being a mid level Non-RS V6 model.
-They should put a dual throttle body/intake system on it like the VQ engines from Infiniti, would help with throttle response and be relatively inexpensive.
-Very quiet and stable on the highway.
-I always got "that look" from Mustang owners, many GT owners would rev at me.

Last edited by 08-G35s/6MT; 11-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote