View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Force Fed Performance is now called Sac Speed Shop and run by a guy who lives and breathes Fbodies named Alex. They do work on 5th gens also.

Starkweather Performance is down in Turlock. The owner has a highly modded ZL1 himself.

Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista (Worth the drive) is a dealership that a lot of us in NorCal swear by. They are what a dealership experience should be, and won't disappoint you.

There is also Synergy Motorsports in Livermore, and Rick has a reputation for being expensive with no "bedside manner", although he does a good job and I have heard very little complaints if any about him.

Welcome to the forums. I'm in El Dorado Hills and am happy to put you in touch with any shops or vendors that you decide on if you'd like.

1. I have no experience or knowledge of Sac Speed. I'd ask around about them.

2. I wouldn't let Starkweather get within 10 feet of my car.

3. Abel dealership has a very good rep with everyone I've spoken to about dealerships. I would use them for your warranty and maintenance, etc. if they are reasonably close. But I'd rather do mods at a shop that does everything from specs to parts to install to tuning all in one.

4. Rick of Synergy is known to be a bit.....prickly. But he is a real pro and does know what he is doing. I would use Rick if I did not have "my guys" already.

My guys are....Tuner and build/parts spec'ing: Matt of GP Tuning. I've known Matt for 20+ years. And, for builder/installer: Josh of JRG Motorsports in Hayward. They are on Instagram at: @jrg_motorsports and @GPTuning