View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #89
metalwar2010

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro Convertbile SLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Got this done dirt cheap. Bought a pair off ebay $17 for 2 shipped:
2 New Key Remote Start Keyless Entry Transmitter Fob For OHT01060512 Uncut Flip
Was lucky on finding a locksmith to cut them and used the simple put in original key, turn the ignition on, but not all the way to start, turn it off and insert the new key soon, and also turn it on but not start. I waited about 30sec but didn't see any notifications of key programmed etc.
They work including the remote start button for 2013 ZL1

Some people noted the fact these chinese cheapo's have a slightly thicker blade made them not fit in the ignition for some other model cars. I can tell it fits more snug in my ignition but not binding or hard to insert.
I'm glad to see this post, as I JUST ordered one of these, $18.79 shipped for two by HUGE luck the 0HT01060512 code becasue wasn't aware that had to match too, prior to finding this topic here.

My question to you or anyone that did this, was it hard to get the key cut and what to look for to ensure they can do it? I'll definitely need to double check that it at least fits in the ignition prior to cut.

I bought the extra pair to have GM castrate them so I don't get the recall notice anymore, especially since I've read here they no longer let you opt out and dealers forcing on it on you, sometimes without permission.

Thanks silversleeper for posting this info here!
metalwar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote