View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
armyxrays

Drives: 2011 2LS All Black Camaro
Hey Redlights, I'm going through the same as you. I was never a car enthusiast either until I got my Camaro. Even then I didn't think I would ever mod it or even knew what that meant. I didn't know it when I bought it, but my car came with some mods from the dealer - a heritage grille, rear spoiler, tint, and powdercoated stock rims on P-zeros (which don't come normally with a 2LS). I also had the dealer install steering wheel controls and the PDIM module for USB music playback.

Fate led me to Camaro5 and I met some really cool people in my area that had a Camaro club (shout out to cVc!!). Once I met them in person and heard their cars I wanted to see what I could do.

I started with a CAI and purchased a Roto-Fab through JDP motorsports. After watching YouTube videos and reading the instructions a few times (remember I've never worked on cars before), I installed it myself in under an hour. The difference was very noticeable and I even got a bit of a growl out of my V6 engine. I love it! The difference in throttling/accelerating is great!

Next up, I wanted my Camaro to sound a bit angrier. So I began researching exhaust. I knew I couldn't do the cat-back installation myself so I went with axle-back. I was intimidated to cut anything off my car, but went for it. I ordered the MRT 2.0 system through Auto-Agenda, and again installed it myself in about an hour and a half. It's pretty straightforward to install it.

Once you go for it and accomplish it yourself you'll get that proud feeling I have. I love knowing I did it myself. And that first cold start up with my CAI and exhaust together... oh man did I have the biggest cheesiest smile. Sheer joy my friend!!
Mods: Blacked out bowties, Roto-Fab CAI, Powder-Coated Rims on P-Zeros, MRT 2.0 Exhaust, Heritage Grille, Rear Spoiler, USB Port with Bluetooth package, Lowered 1inch all around, Window Tint, Matte Black hood spears, rocker panels, gill inserts
armyxrays is offline   Reply With Quote