View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
Lous69

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Can we see the interior??

Awesome project!
Oddly enough, I don't have a lot of good pictures of the interior now that it is complete but I"m happy to share some of these pics taken during the build process.

Our approach was to include all the modern electronics of the ZL1 drive train, Vintage Air's Air Conditioning system and Dakota Digital VHX gauges but to keep them all hidden within a "stockish" looking interior.

We went with the Deluxe 69 interior trim with tilt wheel and power windows.

V8TV built a highly modified roll cage that hugs the outer surfaces of the interior as much as they dared so as to keep it hidden as much as possible.

Granted, Recaros were not standard fare in 69 but the original seats had zero lateral support.

The rear seat was narrowed and recovered in the same material Recaro used on the front seats.

Like the outside of the car, we did not want to go too far with customization on the inside for fear the car would lose its original identity. Our goal was to avoid messing too much with the attributes of the 69 design that have made it iconic and timeless all these years.

Sorry I don't have more pics of the interior now that it is done and cleaned up. Hopefully this gives you an idea.

Thanks for asking!
Lous69 is offline   Reply With Quote