View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #21
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I personally wouldn't pay a premium for a CTF. I am quite sure the car will STILL be a losing proposition as an investment. It's still a ZL1 and it's cool, but if I wanted an IBM ZL1, though, I'd jump on the deal because it would be what I wanted, not because of some paint color. And I'm not sold on someone's opinion only that it will be a collectible just because it's a CTF and it's painted IBM.

And does anyone know who bought it? Was is a guy just walked up on the lot, liked the blue, and didn't have a clue or cared about CTF or IBM? Might be parking it outside of his apartment. Who knows?

But let's say it was bought for a collectible for example. My best guess, it'll be worth oh, say 60-65K in the future when/if it gets sold. And if you bought it for the asking price of 58 and stored it away, you'll likely begin losing money in upkeep and storage in about oh, 5 years or so and every year after that. So it would be one of those "Look what I have" cars. Of course, there may be a few that would buy it for more. And that's the people the new owner may be waiting for. I think I could find a better investment for $58K

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote