View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
Cone Killer: My Camaro SS Build

I bought my Camaro four months ago with the intention of making it a jack-of-all-trades. It's a 2012 2SS manual car with every option except the sunroof and auto, as far as I can tell. It's also my only car, and therefore my daily driver, so it needs to keep its creature comforts, which include heated seats, the backup camera, the Boston sound system, etc. and maintain a certain level of ride comfort and sound mitigation, because I visit my girlfriend while she's at college, and that's two and a half hours of highway driving each way. I live in West Virginia, where we have actual distinct seasons, so separate sets of winter/summer tires are a must. Finally, it's going to get autocrossed frequently, and I can get anywhere I want to on a twisty back road, so consistent, neutral handling is a high priority, more so than outright grip or speed. My plan is to have the car be almost modular, so that I can change how the car is setup for street driving, autocross, track, road tripping, etc. This build is definitely on a budget, so I'm getting whatever parts I can used/on sale, and trying to get the best bang for my buck mods done now, and saving the big expensive stuff for later.

I'm adding a new section, because I feel like it's appropriate for this car. With all the help I'm getting from other members on the site between hard parts and expertise, I feel like a Thank-You section is in order to recognize everyone who's helping make this project a reality.

-KaBoom1710, who hooked me up with 1LE sway bars, endlinks, and toe rods.

-somewhatdamaged, who sold me my mint-condition MGW shift knob.

-The Moreno Borthers, who set me up with their camber/caster plates, and were excellent to deal with.

-JusticePete, who's been consistently answering my idiotic questions, getting me parts, will soon be tuning/further improving my suspension.

-SSSoon. He's been an enormous help, passing along parts, tips, and being as helpful as possible. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have my wheels, tires, or coilovers, and I probably wouldn't have sought out JP and gotten that process rolling.

-And everyone else who has bought parts from me, and given me advice/tips on parts selection and installation.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!

Last edited by Burt; 06-16-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote