View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:41 AM   #22
KOIVUN 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
After looking at the video again, I’d venture you could probably just fix it yourself. These bumpers and hoods go on and off so easy. From the looks of it, not much underneath looks touched. Here’s mine when I pulled the engine and transmission - you can see there’s not much there. If it were me, I’d source used bumper and hood that’s already “weathered” and matches the fenders and doors rather than having a shop paint and blend stuff. You’ll get all the insurance money for the body shop estimate, so pocket all the savings and buy some mods!
i'd consider it, i'd have to 1) wait for the inspection to even be done -hopefully sometime this week-, 2) see the availability for every single part that broke, and 3) commit and tell the shop i'll do it myself

i've been able to find a bumper for sale, the hood is a little harder to find
i don't think the headlights are damaged, but i know for a fact a good bit of the fascia in and out has been cracked. I picked up a piece of it off the road before they came and swept everything up. i found it in a diagram but can't seem to remember the number or name oh well

it'd be a big decision to make, i'd just have to make sure that all the parts that broke i can get a replacement for. bumper is the biggest thing since i think i could get away with no hood for a bit, also since i've already found it i'd be 50% done. all the brackets and fascia and trim pieces though that's my worry that i'll miss some

Black 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Stock... for now
NW Chicago Suburbs
KOIVUN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote