View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #116
nferno
nferno SSLS3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
remember the 90's. Z34's and other cars with the ZXX markings? Z's have been used on a lot of cars also. granted they were all their own designation. but the Z was still there.
I agree, I park My z71 next to a zr2 at work, Maybe people think the ss is top dog because allot of the cars built today with the SS and have a ZXX model also, seem to be less then the ss on the new gens. and they lack the knowledge of the z/28's back when they first came out and what they were built for. The ss silverado is a better truck then my z71 all I got was bigger tires/skid plates and better shocks and cool sticker on the side of the bed. I think alot of the new gen cars with the ss badge is a better model. so that is why I belive people think they way they do now. Chevy does us the ZXX RPO alot and they are not much different then the nonzxx models. Maybe that is why they have not built a new z28 yet, Because all the zxx models since the originals have not been better then a model that had a ss badge. And this day and age the ss would Just sell better to the yonger crowd. I will trade my SS in for A Z28 when they come out with it.

Last edited by nferno; 04-05-2012 at 02:07 PM.
nferno is offline   Reply With Quote