View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
spare tire

I wanted a spare, mostly because when I get a flat, it is not the type you can repair with a can of fix-a-flat. So started researching the options and ended up getting two of them. 1st). I wanted to get the factory jack kit for a 2013 Camaro 1LT, this turned out to highlight a mistake in the GM documentation, although not a costly one (more on this later). Ordered the jack, wrench, handle, strap (what is that for?) and the tool container. I felt as though the 2013 factory kit would fit the trunk hole, not rattle, would fit the jack points and be able to lift the car…all good assumptions in my book. The parts to the kit started arriving to the hotel (still waiting to close on the house) and Katherine was starting to give me a bit of grief (good naturedly) about all of the boxes of car parts. I’d ordered mods for further ahead, but not able to install, so they do not get mentioned yet. Back to the jack kit, the wrench I received did not look like the picture. I did more research and found the owner’s manual on line (I did not look in the glove box) and it showed 2 jack kits for the car, coin/pierce and hex styles.
Attached Images

Last edited by h018871; 01-30-2014 at 04:54 PM.
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote