View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
dbuck11

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Is your goal to remove the speed limiter to race your car on the track? It would take a tune to remove the limiter, but with no other mods, that would be a very expensive "tune" for one small item. Now if you are looking for other performance modifications, then it becomes more of a "return on investment" once you have added those other modifications.

How often you wanting to hit 120 mph now?
So currently the car is entirely unmodded (unless you consider the tires a mod, which I don't). And I don't really plan on doing any mods for the foreseeable future because I'm actually only 18 as of yesterday and while I make good money for someone my age I don't really want to be throwing all of it into mods. Because I am a teen I really don't have a full understanding of what tuning actually is (I've always just imagined it as magically making the car faster by editing the cars computer), so the question that your comment leaves me with is does tuning a car only have benefits on a modded car or can it help a stock car too?

If tuning really does do nothing for a stock car then I guess I will put my dream of removing the speed limiter on the backburner for a while because that in itself is not worth $300 if it doesn't do anything else for the car.
dbuck11 is offline   Reply With Quote