View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #17
WongBob
Dig Race?

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Within the last two years. My wife was a service adviser for 7 years at Minden Country Chevrolet... the owner closed the doors last June. Two of my best friends are currently GM World Class technicians also.... in case you didn't know... that's as good as it gets. GM CAN, without a shadow of a doubt, track the amount of times an ECM has been flashed. As far as being able to tell if it has been swapped... well, that's news to me. I can believe it. I have seen first hand GM void warranties for small modifications such as a CAI, headers, handheld programmers, or a stall. Now, when given the choice we would let an intake and a tune slide unless the car had obviously been abused, but from time to time then GM would send the local rep to take a look... usually that didnt turn out good for the customer. Without a doubt GM is far more strict than they were when I was doing it, but knowing someone and being smart about your mods can go a long way. Im going to have to contact a few people on the ECM swap detection for a more solid answer. If they can detect it then I will be playing with my tune tonight.
WongBob is offline   Reply With Quote