View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #89
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Well said. Only thing I would question is the position/future value of the Auto Festival Car vs. the Manual Dealer car. I had the choice last year and I decided to go with a Manual Dealer car for two reason, one, the low projected production numbers compared to the automatics, and two, the festival cars were used up pretty hard last year compared to 2010. Per GM's records, 153 Manual Pace Cars were built. I do not know if that includes the Festival ones or not so the total can be as high as 157 if the number I was given was strictly dealer manuals.
Thanks! I think it is important for those of us with some experience in this area to share that experience and to help others be realistic about their expectations. I totally agree with you about the manuals. To many collectors, having the manual transmission is extremely important. If based solely on numbers though being 1 of 51 would equate to a rarer car than being 1 of 150 some (whatever the final number ends up). As with all things collectable; it is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay!
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote