View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #45
turbolvr321

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/Camaro View Post
The reason you don't see the correct times in Vegas is because LV Motor speedway sucks. I too live in Vegas but I'm originally from California. Compared to the tracks in California the Vegas track is horrible. The prep on the track is the worst. Not to mention, Vegas is at a higher elevation than places that most magazines test cars. So yeah, in Vegas a 370z may run closer to high 13's but at sea level where cars are usually tested, it will run low 13's all day long. At a good track at sea level the 370z is good for 13.2-13.3 on average with some people even hitting 13.1.

So just because you don't see it happen in Vegas doesn't mean that it doesn't happen in other places. My old 06 LS2 Vette would only run 13.5 (on stock run flats), does that mean that LS2 Vettes only run mid 13's? Hell no, everyone knows they are good for 12.7-12.9 in stock form. My Camaro SS should run 12.9-13.1 but does it run that here in Vegas? Nope, much slower.

As for the OP's question, your V6 Camaro will have to be made as fast as the V8 Camaro in order to run with a 370z. Personally, rather than putting all that money into the V6 it would just be cheaper and easier to trade your car in for a V8. Bolt on's on the SS will leave the 370z in the dust.
This explains it...