View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #188
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I am not sure why everyone is saying this car is capable of a faster time. GM understands marketing. I can't remember a domestic car with more hype in recent memory. Evrrything about this car has been sealed tight until this announcement. If they could have posted a better time they would have with as tighly controlled as the information has been held. I have said it once and I will say it again...if the weather significantly impacted the time, they would have ran the car a different day under better conditions. For those saying the car can crack the 20's, why would Chevy post this time if that was even in the realm of possibility? When you market a product, you do it under the best case scenario. If you think GM just settled for this time because they ran out of track time, you simply do not understand how marketing works. I believe they ran the car on better days and did not get a better time. Thus they posted the best time, regardless of the conditions that may lead some to believe it could have been better. They will sell all they can build so it does not really matter anyway.
I don't think it would crack '20s, however, I believe it's been posted GM doesn't actually rent the entire track. They run with other paying customers on the track at the same time, so not only do the times have to reflect favorable weather conditions, they also have traffic conditions to content with, too. Maybe that changed since I remember reading that, but that's what I recall.

It's pretty clear the driver had to slow down, too, for the run because of the rain, so I believe this is also why so many think it can go faster.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote