View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #306
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The other issue is that the automatic only comes on the L99.......which has Active Fuel Management. In order to mate an automatic to the LS3 requires a LOT of work - (in terms of algorithms for engine/traction/emissions) - and then there's the CAFE issue......... The 1LE is not for everyone......it will definitely have an improvement in handling, but there is a deteriorated ride quality..........
Is it that hard to put the LS3 on the auto? A lot of people are doing LS3 conversions to their L99. I think it would be good to be able to choose L99 or LS3 on all auto's.

I tuned my Active Fuel Management out and got better mileage after, with some data logging and fuel trim adjustments, lol.

And tell CAFE to go to hell, this is a Camaro, LOL.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote