View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #60
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Hmmmmmm.......... With the intake plenum located where it is in that picture it looks like the mail slot on the SS could easily be made functional doesn't it? (I've heard it's a fake)

Are those hood latch pins located on either side, on the top of the radiator? Or is this all just wishful thinking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454lsxss View Post
I'm pretty sure the hood latch is directly behind the mail slot...makes me sad but i'm probly gonna get some hood pins and take all the jazz off...maybe once i get all the clutter out it would work better?
Y'all are looking at some MAJOR plumbing work to make the front shroud vent operational. There's lot's o stuff in the way to make the job difficult.

It will eventually happen, but it prolly wont be pretty. lots of ducts going from front-upper to bumper-under to engine-bay "twisted this way and that" --- with a custom intake shroud thrown-in.

Air can only be convoluted so far before the turbulence and CFM factors outweigh the original ducting purposes.

That is assuming you wont take a jig saw to the radiator mounting pieces, or worse.

A no-vent front fascia, and a vented hood makes MUCH more sense, in FUNCTIONAL terms, IMHO .

Last edited by 2KZ28_For_Now; 08-08-2008 at 12:51 AM.
2KZ28_For_Now is offline   Reply With Quote