View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
I think your painting rather broadly. Mental Illness is difficult to diagnose because there is no bleeding, protruding bone or other obvious wound. Many people think Mental Illness isn't real or those that have some form of it are weak or faking. Given that criteria we can all assume electricity isn't real, unless someone here has actually seen an electron? People suffer brain injuries, they may be borne with abnormalities, or they may contract some other type of disease or traumatic injury. I'm sure there are many misdiagnoses made but that is to be expected when dealing with the human brain. The problem with what your writing is that it may deter someone that actually needs help from seeking it and I would be cautious.
exactly.
and a "mental illness" isn't an illness untill it actually starts to interfere in somones life. However, most psychiatrist always seem to find something wrong with people simply for the need of money. That's the real problem. A psychiatrist gives a fake or unreal diagnosis simply to make the person come back for another session and get paid again.