View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
This sounds really interesting, but that would be one hell of a wrap job. I was thinking about getting long tubes with a cat delete to reduce the time it tasks to spool. If I go that route, maybe I'll think about wrapping when I do that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Wrapping the exhaust would take less than an hour with the exhaust off the car. Since I only have a jack, most of my time was spent crawling under the car and dodging brown recluses. Even then it didn't take more than two hours to fully wrap and spray.

If you do get the longtubes, I've read that its recommended to wrap those with remote systems. Most people I read about lost spool when the only mod change was going from stock to longtubes (going catless might make up for the loss not sure ). It has something to due with slowing down the exhaust because of the design of longtubes I believe. However, some guys got their spool back after wrapping them while enjoying more hp. When you put the headers on take the rest of the exhaust off and wrap everything since part of the exhaust will be disconnected anyways. It should be really easy with everything off. Let me know how it goes if you do!
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote