Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-07-2024, 12:18 PM   #15
15SLVSS

Drives: 2015 SS LE/1
Bangshift Billy

Hey guys,
I bought a Bangshift Billy in FEB and have never installed it. Its brand new but I did open the wiring to look at it. I'll give ya a good deal if interested just message me.
Thanks
15SLVSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 01:51 PM   #16
Arends-1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterZL1 View Post
Just want to start a thread for anyone with a BSB clutch slipper to discuses installation and tuning of the system. I myself have one installed on my 14 zl1 and am still dialing it in. I currently have it activating at the same time as my 2-step. 2 step is set at 2200rpm.

Here is my current settings in the app.

Delay - 0.010 (Bite Point - distance the pedal travels before it starts to slip)
Launch Slip - 0.05 (Time of holds at bite point before ramp down)
Ramp - 0.0375 (Time of ramp down of pedal release)

The best 60' I cut was 1.67 seconds so far.

Here is a link to the Set up video for the BSB

https://youtu.be/uo9Z7WdrL1Y?si=WBcWIpOUWt0y2GjN
Ya idk how you're having success. Nothing works for me. I just tried .015 delay and then .008 and both launches I just hook and nose dive. Need to leave it at that for the day otherwise I'll end up getting myself eliminated from the bracket.
Arends-1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 05:17 PM   #17
sinisterZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arends-1le View Post
Ya idk how you're having success. Nothing works for me. I just tried .015 delay and then .008 and both launches I just hook and nose dive. Need to leave it at that for the day otherwise I'll end up getting myself eliminated from the bracket.
What RPM are you leaving at? On 2 step?
My current as of now is
Delay 0.030
Launch slip 0.00 (found this to be usless)
Ramp down 0.325
See how that works on a prep track next week. Ramp seems to be the the only real important variable.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:27 PM   #18
Arends-1le

Quote:
What RPM are you leaving at? On 2 step?
My current as of now is
Delay 0.030
Launch slip 0.00 (found this to be usless)
Ramp down 0.325
See how that works on a prep track next week. Ramp seems to be the the only real important variable.

No 2 step. Running slicks and leaving around 3k. I dump the clutch and it's just biting too hard and makes car fall on it's face off the hit. I thought delay down at .008 with ctap at 90% I would have a very light clutch bite.
I believe ramp is only for boosted cars and was told not to worry about ramp time and have the slip at .70
Old 06-09-2024, 02:57 PM   #19
sinisterZL1

Quote:
No 2 step. Running slicks and leaving around 3k. I dump the clutch and it's just biting too hard and makes car fall on it's face off the hit. I thought delay down at .008 with ctap at 90% I would have a very light clutch bite.
I believe ramp is only for boosted cars and was told not to worry about ramp time and have the slip at .70
That’s not right. Delay is where the time starts in the travel of the clutch pedal. O delay is it start right off the floor. 0.035 would mean the clutch would travel a bit then start the slip. Slip is how long it holds at that position and ramp is the controlled release of clutch from that point to fully engaging

I don’t run any slip, you need ramp down and the delay is set per car where the clutch just starts to engage the clutch
Old 06-10-2024, 07:25 AM   #20
Arends-1le

Quote:
That’s not right. Delay is where the time starts in the travel of the clutch pedal. O delay is it start right off the floor. 0.035 would mean the clutch would travel a bit then start the slip. Slip is how long it holds at that position and ramp is the controlled release of clutch from that point to fully engaging

I don’t run any slip, you need ramp down and the delay is set per car where the clutch just starts to engage the clutch

Well this came right from Billy. He suggested using .75 for slip and said that's about where he has it for his set up. I understand the delay and that's where I'm struggling because no matter where I put delay, the car leaves hard because it's biting too much clutch off the bat. Which at .008 I wouldn't assumed that would happen. I had an identical launch at .015. I've even been up in the .035 territory

I can certainly try utilitizing the ramp down function but even Billy had in the instructions that's meant more for boosted cars that are building boost as they're leaving.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:43 AM   #21
sinisterZL1

Quote:
Well this came right from Billy. He suggested using .75 for slip and said that's about where he has it for his set up. I understand the delay and that's where I'm struggling because no matter where I put delay, the car leaves hard because it's biting too much clutch off the bat. Which at .008 I wouldn't assumed that would happen. I had an identical launch at .015. I've even been up in the .035 territory

I can certainly try utilitizing the ramp down function but even Billy had in the instructions that's meant more for boosted cars that are building boost as they're leaving.
Ya it’s definitely going to be different for my blower car. I’m building 10# off boost at 2200rpm on the 2 step. I would still try using the ramp on you set up and try it again.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:47 AM   #22
Arends-1le

Quote:
Ya it’s definitely going to be different for my blower car. I’m building 10# off boost at 2200rpm on the 2 step. I would still try using the ramp on you set up and try it again.
Ya ill certainly try it. I just feel like something is going on with my delay bite. Might try turning my ctap percentage a little higher and see if that'll bring it in. Are you using stock master cylinder or no?
Old 06-10-2024, 07:51 AM   #23
sinisterZL1

Quote:
Ya ill certainly try it. I just feel like something is going on with my delay bite. Might try turning my ctap percentage a little higher and see if that'll bring it in. Are you using stock master cylinder or no?
Yup stock master

Tags
bang shift billy, clutch slippeer, drag racing, m6 racing