Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old Today, 10:44 AM   #533
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welp, havent been up to much lately.. havent made it to the track yet. Two days after I was at GPI my wife passed out and broke her leg in three places. She has pretty much in a wheelchair/couch/bed ever since. She isnt strong enough for crutches unfortunately (we tried and that was going to end badly). SO I have been working from home and taking care of her, just taking short trips/running errands with the car.

Anyways, hoping to be able to get to the track in the next week or two. I had the car up on the lift looking things over since it has about 1k miles since the swap now. One thing I have been trying to track down was exhaust fumes making it into the cabin. Found several small pin holes and gaps from removing the battery tray in the trunk. Got those all sealed up and still getting some fumes inside.

Finally found this last night - Its the backside of the muffler and is split open. The exhaust is a Solo-Performance Mach X and the muffler sits right under the front seats. I never even thought about it being something with the exhaust as I looked it over when it was out during the trans swap...

Name:  Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 10.31.54 AM.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 10.32.05 AM.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  99.3 KB

Trying to decide what to do next. Probably can get it welded up somewhere for now but it's probably just going to happen again.

Been looking at Herfurth Aluminum Racing mufflers and really want to go with one of his kits. I just need to find someone to fab & weld it. Or get off my lazy butt and figure out big welding.. lol.

GPI 416 w/Custom GPI Cam, GPI Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump/DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Rossler T400 w/t-brake, Circle D Converter, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Wiles Racing Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote