Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-23-2022, 06:51 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Torture Test! Turtle Wax Foaming Wheel Cleaner

Sorry it's not a Camaro, but my wheels NEVER get this bad!!

I used the Hybrid Solutions Foaming Wheel and Tire Cleaner on the wife-mobile today. It hasn`t been washed since early Fall and the front brakes put out a ton of dust. The normally silver rims were brown/black and I figured this would be a good test subject for the wheel cleaner.

The wheels and tires were cleaned in two steps. Step one was using a stiff brush for the tires and a soft brush for the rims to scrub the heaviest grunge away. After a good rinse, the wheels/tires were resprayed with the cleaner and scrubbed with a wet microfiber towel and rinsed again. I had a bucket of water to dip the brushes and towel in, but there was no additional soaps in the bucket, just water.

I bought a tire dressing applicator this morning and when the tires dried, used it to apply the Turtle Wax Ceramic/Acrylic Tire Coating. I used 4 or 5 sprays into the applicator for each tire and wiped it really well into each tire. I`m telling you, those tires must have been DRY! Because after getting a good coating on the tires, they dried almost instantly and I didn`t have to use a microfiber to level it off or remove any excess dressing - there wasn`t any, the tires must have soaked up that dressing like a man dying of thirst.

I tried to keep this brief, but I DO have pics, before cleaning, after cleaning and finished. Here they are:
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2022, 11:00 PM   #2
John Murphy

Drives: 2014 Z28
It seems to work very well.
John Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote