Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
Meguires Ultimate quick wax or detail spray on stripes

Just wondering if it would be ok, when im wiping the car with either, if it would be ok to spray on the rally stripes aswell? Thanks.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i called meguiars on this very subject.the guy i spoke to,said not to use their wax on the stripes.there are guys on the forum that have used meguiars nxt 2.0 and said it did fine.as far as the detail spray,i don't know.i am going to try it and see what it does.i also called turtle wax and ask if their ice is ok to use on vinyl stripes and they said it would do a very good job.adams makes a clear wax that you can use.this is my biggest problem on detailing is trying to figureout what to use on the stripes.i have read all the threads on the forum,but i am still not certain.i want to use the same wax on the stripes as i do on the car.if you wax the car and they tell you not to get any on the stripes,that is easier said than done.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
The general consensus around the forum is Adam's clear polish is made specifically for vinyl and clear bra's. So it is completely safe.

I personally wax mine every chance I get, I also spray them with Adam's detail spray; I have done this for 5 months without any issues. I have also put about every wax on them known to mankind.. I've used, NXT 2.0, Turtle wax Ice (liquid and paste), Adam's Buttery, Adam's Americana, Adam's Machine Super wax, Wolfgang Fuzion, Chemical Guys 50/50, Collinite #476.

You can't say I haven't tried to "destroy" them with waxes. It just hasn't happened. I layer on Adam's americana almost twice a month now, and they still look fantastic.

Note** my stripes are CGM, not matte

Adam's is by far my favorite product line, but I don't have the clear polish in my collection because I don't have a clear bra, and Adam's Americana works great.. why spend the extra money?

IMHO - Meguiars is just covering their rear.. I have used Ultimate quick detailer, Ultimate wash and wax, and Final inspection detailer on my car & stripes.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2LTRS; 04-07-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added info.
2LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Looks nice 2LTRS.
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlocs View Post
Looks nice 2LTRS.
Thanks buddy!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
The only thing I have found about NOT waxing them is DO NOT USE A CARNUBA wax....other than that, for for it.....I do as 2LTRS, been doing it at least once a week since I got the car, and its been 7 months......and it looks GREAT!