Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
Turranv6

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2LS
Looking for an answer...

So If I am looking to doing 4 different things to my 2015 LS2.

- Adding a new gear maybe a 3.55. current 2.92....
- Changing my exhaust for a FM 40s to SP cats
- Adding Trifecta Tune.
- SP high flow cats.
- Have a K&N typhoon. (like to switch this now that I learned a few things)

What I am wondering is by adding the gears and tune what kinda of result will I see on my 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile. Just looking for a ball park.

Any feed back welcome. What I am hoping for is to get my 0 to 60 down to the low 5s mark.
Turranv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
The dealer will call the regional service advisor and say the car is tuned and i do not want to repair the car under warranty, they will agree and you will be stuck in a fight. If its engine repair not related to a TSB you are going to have to get a lawyer to fight them. I know this from personal experience after tuning a Cadillac ATS 2.0t and then having a detonation occur, blowing a hole through the piston. cost me over $5k.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
Dejavu

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
The dealer will call the regional service advisor and say the car is tuned and i do not want to repair the car under warranty, they will agree and you will be stuck in a fight. If its engine repair not related to a TSB you are going to have to get a lawyer to fight them. I know this from personal experience after tuning a Cadillac ATS 2.0t and then having a detonation occur, blowing a hole through the piston. cost me over $5k.
From what I have read so far, add-on tuners while may cause warranty issues, you would have the protection given by the Magnuson-Moss Act. I don't think help that applies for a Dyno tune though. Although you are very correct that a lawyer might have to be involved.

In contrast to what I just said as devil's advocate, I remember when F-250 guys lost their shirts bc of blown head gaskets. The factory design was weak, without sufficient bolts or strength to handle the extra stress a programmer and other mods was adding. The stock weakness wasn't an issue without the mods, thus proving the mods responsible and costing owners thousands.

Its a risk, but how much of one? I couldn't say.
Dejavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #4
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turranv6 View Post
So If I am looking to doing 4 different things to my 2015 LS2.

- Adding a new gear maybe a 3.55. current 2.92....
- Changing my exhaust for a FM 40s to SP cats
- Adding Trifecta Tune.
- SP high flow cats.
- Have a K&N typhoon. (like to switch this now that I learned a few things)

What I am wondering is by adding the gears and tune what kinda of result will I see on my 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile. Just looking for a ball park.

Any feed back welcome. What I am hoping for is to get my 0 to 60 down to the low 5s mark.

Being a 2LS....get the gears. Then you will have to get tuned anyway. But....gears for sure. 3.55 or 3.73.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
Awit92

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
Depends on the dealer. you have to remember that a dealer benefits from fixing your car. Payday from GM. No real incentive to whistleblow to GM.
CAI Cold Air Intake, Vitesse Motorsports TC, Solo High Flow Cats, Muffler + resonator delete, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Apex Air scoop, VMAX ported throttle body, Drake Shifter, Z28 spoiler + Zl1-addons Wickerbill, Eagle Eye U halo headlights. Items blacked out/tinted: Hood, wheels, emblems, brake lights.
Awit92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awit92 View Post
Depends on the dealer. you have to remember that a dealer benefits from fixing your car. Payday from GM. No real incentive to whistleblow to GM.
When it comes to a catastrophic drivetrain failure, GM requires the dealership to take a snapshot of the ECM and forward it to them for review before they approve a warranty repair.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Stay away from tunes for the time being, do simple bolt-ons.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
stay away from trifecta anyways.. use overkill

shags is offline   Reply With Quote