Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
BDG45A

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniv
Problem with LED fog light bulbs

I installed a set of Super Bright Xenon White 15-SMD P13W PSX26W High
Power LED Replacement Bulbs about 8 months ago. Recently they started to flicker (both sides), not all the time but enough that I noticed it when I pulled into the garage. I also installed the adapter harness to keep them on for day or night driving. Is this related to the adapter harness or is this just a problem with the bulbs? Is there a fix or do I need to replace the bulbs?
BDG45A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Its the bulbs. I have the same happen to mine. The cheap bulbs only last a few months. I think the longest I got out of a set before the leds started flickering and going out was like 8-9 mos. Time for a new set bud.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
We sell the Diode Dynamics LED fog light bulbs, they have a 3 year warranty on them. So if they start to flicker or quit working you can a replacement at no cost. We also install at our shop and have seen a very low failure rate.
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...-lighting.html
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
Use LEDS that are Cree and avoid the SMD style. They last much longer.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
BDG45A

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniv
Thanks for the info. I checked the Diode Dynamics site to see what made their bulbs better and realized their store is about 5 miles from where I live. Already picked up a new set of bulbs and installed them. With their warranty, I'm good for at least 3 years .
BDG45A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drl foglight, fog, led bulbs, light, xenon