Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
sumral2

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro Convertible 45 Anniv
2012 SS Convertible Rear Side Window

We have a 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS Camaro convertible with 55,000 miles on it.

Suddenly the rubber seals that go between the 2 rear windows and the front windows are separating from the glass.

Contacted the dealer and GM and the rubber seals are not available, have never been available as a separate piece and came only with the entire window with a replacement price of $300 !!!!

Turns out that these items are hens teeth and GM no longer stocks them since the car is over 10 years old.

Does anyone know of a source for these ?
sumral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
Abelardoo_12

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible
I bought the rear window from a part out for 100 and just replaced it. Try on ebay or local junk yard. I know 100 bucks is kind of a lot for that damn small piece of rubber, but trust me after a year of looking thats the best option. Also, do yourself a favor and just replace the whole window and tint it to match the rest of the windows if you have to. It seems like a lot more work than to just remove and replace the rubber piece but its a pita and you’ll only end up damaging and puncturing a hole in it, ask me how I know lol.
Abelardoo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote