Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
cuafpr

Drives: 2010 2ss Transformers Edition
anyone tried FW1?

http://www.fw1shine.com/

thats the website and being that i live in an apartment complex where I can't hand wash the car, I got some to try. I've read good reviews on other sites but thought i'd ask here as well. My plan is to try it on the mustang first and if its safe on it try the camaro. now i will be taking it across the stree to a pay to use pressure spray, to wash off the top soil first then dry it. Just be nice to keep it cleaner/shinner between professional jobs.
cuafpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
You may be a good candidate for Optimum No Rinse, all you need is a bucket and 2 gallons of water. And some drying towels... Its available on autogeek.net

Checkout this video on how to use it properly.

I say there is no substitute for a real wash, but this is a good option, and a lot of professionals use this product.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
cuafpr

thanks i'll check it out and yeah agree, but till i move its this or pay a crap ton every week at the self-service commerical car wash.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

I would use the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) over this FW1. ONR is much cheaper than the FW1, and ONR has a good reputation amongst the detailing community.. But thats just my $.02
Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
I would use the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) over this FW1. ONR is much cheaper than the FW1, and ONR has a good reputation amongst the detailing community.. But thats just my $.02
I Concur
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
cuafpr

yaeh the optimum stuff sounds good and i could do it later in the evening so none reports some guy "washing" his car in the parking lot... or in my garage

mustang will get the FW1 (since i got a demo bottle at the gas station cheap) and i'll compare and post both! thanks for the input!!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
LOL... FW1 is the stuff that is getting sold at gas stations all around here... I've had some close calls with guys wanting to use filthy, low grade, microfiber towels to "demo their revolutionary car cleaning system" on my paint while I'm trying to pump gas.

Last guy that got pushy got an earful from me as he still tried to spray it on my hood:

FW1: "Sir, I'd like to show you our killer wax, polish, and cleaner all in one product on your truck if you have a second"
Me: "Slow down there skippy... don't spray one drop of that crap on my paint"
FW: "Well, just give me a moment so show you what it can do..."
Me: "Freeze right there man... do NOT spray that on my truck"
FW1: "Ok ok ok... but if you'd just let me show you how great it works...."
Me: "Hows it taste?"
FW1: "What do you mean?"
Me: "How.... does.... it.... taste?"
FW1: "You don't eat it sir, its for cleaning and waxing your car"
Me: "I know, but if you spray any of that on my paint I'm gonna feed you that can."
FW1: "Um....." confused look ".... sorry"

I got no problem with a dude trying to make a buck selling something, but don't just walk up and start spraying on peoples cars, and certainly not a guy whos paint is clean and damn near flawless. Like I'm gonna let some random dude rub my paint down with the same MF rag I just saw him wipe someones wheels with!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
seems to me you are going to get scratches trying to clean a car like that.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
cuafpr

LOL wow, guy here had clean rags talked about the car for a bit asked if i mined, i said i'd take a demo bottle to try on an older car at home first.. and he gave me one for like 5 bucks :-p
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
LOL... FW1 is the stuff that is getting sold at gas stations all around here... I've had some close calls with guys wanting to use filthy, low grade, microfiber towels to "demo their revolutionary car cleaning system" on my paint while I'm trying to pump gas.

Last guy that got pushy got an earful from me as he still tried to spray it on my hood:

FW1: "Sir, I'd like to show you our killer wax, polish, and cleaner all in one product on your truck if you have a second"
Me: "I know, but if you spray any of that on my paint I'm gonna feed you that can."

I got no problem with a dude trying to make a buck selling something, but don't just walk up and start spraying on peoples cars, and certainly not a guy whos paint is clean and damn near flawless. Like I'm gonna let some random dude rub my paint down with the same MF rag I just saw him wipe someones wheels with!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post

Not out here man, I've never heard of the stuff... However if anyone tried to do that to my camaro I would have a similar reaction, possibly followed by an assault charge.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
thanks i'll check it out and yeah agree, but till i move its this or pay a crap ton every week at the self-service commerical car wash.
Are you talking about one of those drive in power-sprayer deals?

I have to go use one of the self service washes but it doesn't cost me too much. About 4 bucks to wash, including time to spray and brush the wheel wells tires and wheels with my Adam's goodies. I of course don't use their soaps or anything other than the water, but I can't complain. It's working well enough for me.

Nothing is gonna come close to the proper wash, but I'm in an apartment too and have to make do with what I've got, so I feel your pain.

Good luck, can't wait to hear how this stuff works out for you!
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #13
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Are you talking about one of those drive in power-sprayer deals?

I have to go use one of the self service washes but it doesn't cost me too much. About 4 bucks to wash, including time to spray and brush the wheel wells tires and wheels with my Adam's goodies. I of course don't use their soaps or anything other than the water, but I can't complain. It's working well enough for me.
NO NO NO, I cringe everytime I hear or see someone using the brush as the local carwash. This is the best way to get your car, rims or whatever you use scratched up.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
cuafpr

yeah the brush wont touch my car and the one here is like 2 bucks for 2 mins of water or some shit, i guess its not to bad just yeah the water quality isn't that great and just not what i prefer lol.

anyways goal is to try it on the mustang this weekend, post b4/after pics. ordered the ONR to try on the camaro when it gets here