Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
Mounting AMPs to Back Seat?

Need some help Please ...

I had a stereo shop install a couple Alpine Amps about 6 months ago.
They basically installed on a peice of carpeted MDF board and drilled about 6 long screws into the back of the seat - Straight through the board and into the rear of the seats ...

It looked really clean (no wires showing) ... and I was happy.

However ...

It did not hold ... noticed yesterday that the Amp Board was starting to come off / fall off of the back seat - screws did not hold the board in. As it is now ... completely off ... laying on the floor in trunk. Before calling the stereo shop and letting them have another go at it ... I thought I'd check in with you all :-). (Thinking that being that all the wiring / hard part is done ... all I need to do is install and make it stick ... might be better if I try) ...

Any idea's? ...
For those if you that mounted Amps to the rear seats (back of of course) ... how did you get them secure? Any help / Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

FK
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I didnt use an amp board, just screws and the amp right to the back of the seat. Been holding for over a year on Oklahoma roads so should hold anywhere.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
Ok. Thank you
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote