Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
How to search for old threads

It seems like many are confused on how to search for questions they have that may have been addressed before, so I thought I would share the easiest way to find what you're looking for. To start off, we'll use an example question of: "What is the best first mod"

In google, type in the question then add site:camaro5.com to limit the search to only the camaro5 website.
Your search should read as follows: What is the best first mod site:camaro5.com

Once you hit enter, google will match your question with threads or forum posts by others only on the camaro5 site like so:
Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 6.30.29 PM.png
Views: 610
Size:  279.5 KB
Hope this help anyone who has trouble finding any old threads.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Why does it bother people so much if new members repeat old threads? It seems to be a trend lately for people on here to shit all over members who repeat a thread and to belittle them for not using the search. I say SO WHAT if someone repeats a thread. Would you all rather this forum die off, at least if new members are repeating old threads they are being active on here.

On another note I've seen it when someone does use the precious search and bump an old thread to the top to follow up people jump all over them for bringing up a thread that's two years old. You can't have it both ways, let people post repeat threads and if you don't like it just don't reply to them.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
Why does it bother people so much if new members repeat old threads? It seems to be a trend lately for people on here to shit all over members who repeat a thread and to belittle them for not using the search. I say SO WHAT if someone repeats a thread. Would you all rather this forum die off, at least if new members are repeating old threads they are being active on here.

On another note I've seen it when someone does use the precious search and bump an old thread to the top to follow up people jump all over them for bringing up a thread that's two years old. You can't have it both ways, let people post repeat threads and if you don't like it just don't reply to them.
Didn't post this to bash on them, I just figured some people might want to find answers immediately instead if of waiting for others to reply.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
It seems like many are confused on how to search for questions they have that may have been addressed before, so I thought I would share the easiest way to find what you're looking for. To start off, we'll use an example question of: "What is the best first mod"

In google, type in the question then add site:camaro5.com to limit the search to only the camaro5 website.

Once you hit enter, google will match your question with threads or forum posts by others only on the camaro5 site like so:
Attachment 850335

Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post

I agree!
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Didn't post this to bash on them, I just figured some people might want to find answers immediately instead if of waiting for others to reply.
I know you weren't bashing people and frankly your post was informative, I didn't know you could search google like that to just one site. But there are many others on here that bash people for not searching.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
xrivera91

Quote:
I also agree with this. Lol
Old 02-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #8
LT1Zob

well hell rivera, you're just in an agreeing mood tonight.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #9
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I usually Google camaro5 and then the question. Results will be for camaro 5 and clicking the view more brings up search like you showed.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 PM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:

Attachment 850335

Yep, its how I've been doing it for years...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #11
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
well hell rivera, you're just in an agreeing mood tonight.

Well they both make great points. Sometimes I search sometimes I post repeat threads because hey things change always good to get different opinions.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
LT1Zob

I search the less important stuff. But for real important questions, like catch cans, cold air intakes, v6 vs v8 arguments and how my Camaro is better than my Corvette, I post and ask
Old 02-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #13
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Yep, its how I've been doing it for years...
Same
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Same
+2 when i was looking for Driveshaft install or whatever i just type: Driveshaft install camaro5, same thing pulls up.