Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
mike71

Drives: 18 zl1
Secondary cat delete ( 18 zL1 A10)

hi guys .....
new here to the board....I can see there are some very knowledgeable guys hanging around these parts !

So im thinking of putting the borla xpipe with corsa axel back system on my 2018 Zl1 A10

few questions ..to my understanding the secondary cats as well as the NPP Valves are not monitored by the ecu therefore installing this system will not throw any codes... is this correct ?

second question for smog reasons( CA car ) im leaning toward the borla xpipe ( 60607) setup that retains the secondary cats ...how much power and sound am I keeping bottled up by going this route ?

thanks in advance for your input !
mike71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike71 View Post
hi guys .....
new here to the board....I can see there are some very knowledgeable guys hanging around these parts !

So im thinking of putting the borla xpipe with corsa axel back system on my 2018 Zl1 A10

few questions ..to my understanding the secondary cats as well as the NPP Valves are not monitored by the ecu therefore installing this system will not throw any codes... is this correct ?

second question for smog reasons( CA car ) im leaning toward the borla xpipe ( 60607) setup that retains the secondary cats ...how much power and sound am I keeping bottled up by going this route ?

thanks in advance for your input !
Hello fellow '18 ZL1 owner. You might want to post in the 6th gen ZL1 (2017+) section. Currently you're in the 5th gen section (2012-2015). Here's the link to 6th: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235

But to answer your question as I'm going to be doing the exact same thing. You're correct, NPP and secondary cats are not monitored and will throw no codes nor require tuning. You'll gain a little extra bark on startup and volume up top by getting rid of the secondary cats. As well as deleting the nasty factory X-pipe with the crushed rear section. It's a perfect setup.

I'm going to be running the Corsa Xtreme and the Borla 60606. I know that Phastek installed the 60607 with a Corsa system and it worked out perfectly for them too. There's a member with a 2018 ZL1 with a Corsa and 60607 on the 6th gen side, he can answer any questions you may have too. His profile link: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/member.php?u=119303

Also, wouldn't think you'd gain/lose any HP by going 60606 vs 60607. Worth noting that when you install the 60607 you'll have to physically CUT the factory NPP cat-back which is one piece from the back of the primaries. If you get the 60606, you can take the factory system out in one piece and bolt the 60606 to the back of the primary cats, clamp it to the Corsa in the back and done deal.

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:00 AM   #3
mike71

Drives: 18 zl1
Thanks for the response gonna prob do the smog legal keeping the secondary cats in place ... thanks !!!
mike71 is offline   Reply With Quote