Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Framed, Signed ZL1 Print from Oshawa!

Hopefully this is being displayed in the right area, and since it deals with a ZL1 and there are a lot of owners on here of ZL1's, I was hoping to get the word out. I have featured stories of my car and my daughter on this site several times. One of my daughters is fighting a cancerous brain tumor and was recently diagnosed with two new growths. So what she has been through over the last year with radiation and chemo, she has to start all over again.

We are doing a fund raiser/charity to help my daughter and our family pay for some of the new expenses associated with this. It's getting very difficult and we need to do everything we can to help her. We are holding a dyno day at one of the local performance shops JDP Motorsports in Sandy, UT and will be raffling other prizes from some well known distributors.

We are also offering this one of a kind, first signed print of the ZL1 that has been signed by the team at the Oshawa build plant in Canada (Framed size 27" X 21"). I received the print from Canada yesterday, had it framed, and will be doing silent bids on it. So if you are interested in this beautiful signed print, please PM me with bids. This is a first print, unique, and will not be offered on a normal sale or giveaway site. We will choose the highest bid and announce the winner if they so desire. Thank you all so much! The car community has been HUGE in helping my daughters fight! WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED the afternoon of Saturday, October 20th, 2012.

A special thanks to Mike Judge and all of those at Oshawa that made this possible!!

Name:  ZL 1.jpg
Views: 3498
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  ZL 2.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  ZL 3.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  120.7 KB

Name:  ZL 4.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  138.6 KB

Name:  ZL 5.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  111.6 KB

Last edited by SixGracing; 10-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
From someone that has had 3 family members with cancer, I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through. It's tough and I know it. I wish the best for your daughter and will be sending some prayers her way. Stay strong brother.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
From someone that has had 3 family members with cancer, I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through. It's tough and I know it. I wish the best for your daughter and will be sending some prayers her way. Stay strong brother.
Thank you, that means a lot. We are trying to stay strong, but round two, man we thought the nightmare was going away. Thanks for the prayers!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Thank you, that means a lot. We are trying to stay strong, but round two, man we thought the nightmare was going away. Thanks for the prayers!
I remember your story of the first round she had to go through. So sad she has to go through it all over again. She's young and from what you've said in the past shes a fighter and will pull through. Wish I could come out to the dyno day and show my support. Do you have another way setup to accept donations? PayPal?
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
This is a VERY COOL item!! Whoever wins this is helping a great cause and will have a 1 of a kind piece of Camaro history! Stay positive; our thoughts and prayers are with your family!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Jeff65SS

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
Quote:
I remember your story of the first round she had to go through. So sad she has to go through it all over again. She's young and from what you've said in the past shes a fighter and will pull through. Wish I could come out to the dyno day and show my support. Do you have another way setup to accept donations? PayPal?
Agreed. How can we send donations?
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through and yes, I do remember seeing pictures of your daughters with your car "Reaper". My Mom had breast cancer and beat it, I'm sure your daughter can do the same! Good luck friend! FYI: This speaks volumes that the Oshawa Build Team took the time to sign this picture and send it to you in the efforts to raise money.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
SixGracing

Quote:
You guys are all so wonderful! Yes, we use a website called Chipin to accept payments from paypal so go to her blog www.miraclemoo.blogspot.com. Scroll down to the second posting and there's a link there. Thank you all for your support. It's priceless to my daughter and my entire family.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through and yes, I do remember seeing pictures of your daughters with your car "Reaper". My Mom had breast cancer and beat it, I'm sure your daughter can do the same! Good luck friend! FYI: This speaks volumes that the Oshawa Build Team took the time to sign this picture and send it to you in the efforts to raise money.
They have been awesome and particularly Mike Judge (Super60). We are very thankful that there are such caring, great people in the world.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
SixGracing

If you live in Utah, here's a link to the event we're doing on Saturday the 20th of October. See you all there!

Name:  Benifit_flyier04.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  183.0 KB

Plus there will be a car show - $20 enters you and gives you a raffle ticket for all of the awesome prizes from Magnaflow, AirRaid, CAI, MBRP, Pfadt, Lanes Auto care and more! This is going to be a great event and for a great cause!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
This is too close to home, I lost my niece when she was 9yrs old from a brain tumor. I encourage everyone to help regardless of wining or not this poster - these treatments get really expensive.

God bless and i hope everything goes well.
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzl1 View Post
This is too close to home, I lost my niece when she was 9yrs old from a brain tumor. I encourage everyone to help regardless of wining or not this poster - these treatments get really expensive.

God bless and i hope everything goes well.
Frankzl1, thank you! There are no words for your kindness and generosity!

Ken & Family.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
If you live in Utah, here's a link to the event we're doing on Saturday the 20th of October. See you all there!

Attachment 432106

Plus there will be a car show - $20 enters you and gives you a raffle ticket for all of the awesome prizes from Magnaflow, AirRaid, CAI, MBRP, Pfadt, Lanes Auto care and more! This is going to be a great event and for a great cause!
We definitely encourage anyone in the area to head to this event. It's certainly a worthy cause we are more than happy to donate to. Join the raffle and join it often!

Our thoughts go out to you and your family. Good luck in the coming days!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
We definitely encourage anyone in the area to head to this event. It's certainly a worthy cause we are more than happy to donate to. Join the raffle and join it often!

Our thoughts go out to you and your family. Good luck in the coming days!
Thanks to everyone at Pfadt Racing. Your quality shines through in both your products and your generosity. We are looking forward to the event and thank you profoundly for helping out!