Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Question Do the problems ever stop?

I have been kicking around the maggie or eforce kits. But from what I've been reading in these forums, the issues are never ending after installing. I'd feel much better spending the money if I didn't see thread after thread of problems.
Is there any kit out there that can be put on a stock L99 without needing to buy headers, catch can, zl1 pump, etc..etc..... and still operate without issues?

So much confusion is steering me away. I wish someone would just put out a simple guide for newbies to supercharger kits. Ok, my rant is finished. As you were...
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
There is alot of information out there, for your set up i would just do a lsa supercharger, its what the camaro zl1 and cadillac cts v run, i would contact i believe is adm they are very active on this site
Old 03-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
bayarea408

Drives: T
Sounds like you want a power adder but do not want all the supporting mods...not the best approach when adding power.

Read the sticky notes at the top of the thread listings page.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
HorsePowerAddicts

Drives: LSx Powered
If you add more power you need more fuel. ZL1 pump is in all our 5th gen blower options unless you need more.

Feel free to reach out to us and send an email or pm for a quote on a Procharger, Eforce, or Magnacharger kits installed and tuned with required supporting mods during install.
HorsePowerAddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
There is alot of information out there, for your set up i would just do a lsa supercharger, its what the camaro zl1 and cadillac cts v run, i would contact i believe is adm they are very active on this site
+1.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I have been kicking around the maggie or eforce kits. But from what I've been reading in these forums, the issues are never ending after installing. I'd feel much better spending the money if I didn't see thread after thread of problems.
Is there any kit out there that can be put on a stock L99 without needing to buy headers, catch can, zl1 pump, etc..etc..... and still operate without issues?

So much confusion is steering me away. I wish someone would just put out a simple guide for newbies to supercharger kits. Ok, my rant is finished. As you were...
A basic Maggie or ProCharger will do fine on your L99 with the only additional part required being a catch can if you use the out of the box tune and don't up the boost.

When we started working with ProCharger back in 2003 I asked how long an engine would last with their kit installed. The answer was -- With you driving, pretty much the same as OE. If you let your nephew drive it and the accelerator becomes an on off switch,. not too long.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post

A properly installed and tuned system with the appropriate supporting mods is a recipe for success. We have success stories from all the reputable vendors as we do not play favorites to one brand or another. It's about getting the end user what they are looking for for short and long term success.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I think you are confusing "issues" with people adding more power. You don't have to add any of those things you mentioned. In fact, a lot of the superchargers are designed to be slapped on and run on the stock fuel system in their base form. And they are reliable as can be.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Thank you rider. That's what I'm looking to do. Slap on a supercharger kit that doesn't require any other mods and be reliable.

I know the gains will be lower but I'm not looking for maximum potential from the kit. Maybe in the future but for now, it's baby steps for me.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
this...http://kraftwerksusa.com/supercharge...-02-1013t.html..don't have to go in the motor...peace out..
Old 03-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Old 03-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #12
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
I have the Whipple supercharger. The only supporting mod needed was a "boost-a-pump", which was provided in the kit. It didn't require a catch can, fuel pump, CAI, headers, flux capacitor, nothing. Their kit is shipped for the show room stock car. I would have to assume that most of the other supercharger kits are setup the same way, you would just have to check each brand out yourself.

Check it out: HERE

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #13
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Add a blower = add a catch-can.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #14
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Add a blower = add a catch-can.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. 5 people say the kits are complete and yet 5 more swear you still need to add more stuff.

Ya'll need to get on the same page cause for a new forum member looking to get his feet wet in the supercharged world, you have confused me right out of it. I seriously have no idea who's right.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians syndrome.