Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Steelcoupe

Drives: Pontiac
FWIW, May 1st CarScoops spyshots

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/u-s...s-out-for.html (11 small pics in the article Photo Gallery, still heavy camo, vert maybe?)

GM has been steadily feeding us with info and cryptic photos of the 2016 Camaro ahead of its May 16 reveal, but behind the press scenes, they're still ironing out the kinks and fine-tuning prototypes.

All of these valuable lessons will be applied to the production model that will go on sale later this year as a 2016MY.

The 2016 Camaro testers you see here were spied in Colorado by our friend Brett Borgard. While they won't reveal the design details, they will give you an idea of the car's more compact footprint and more aggressive stance.

Among other details we learned about the new Camaro from GM these past few weeks is that it will ride on a modified version of the Detroit carmaker's Alpha rear-drive architecture shared with the new Cadillac ATS and CTS, dropping more than 200 pounds (+ 90kg) over the 5th-gen model in the process.

Elsewhere, all trims will get a new Drive Mode Selector that adjusts throttle progression, steering, stability control and other vehicle settings, with the V8-powered SS also gaining the Corvette and Camaro ZL1's Magnetic Ride Control suspension system with three preset programs (Tour, Sport and Track).

Along with the V6 and V8 powertrains, we suspect that GM will also introduce a turbocharged four-cylinder option, which should help the Camaro spread its reach in overseas markets including Europe.

Comment; Everytime I'd see the width of the license plate depression, I could always imagine a European license plate sitting there, but I thought the consensus was there was no plans to export to Europe?
Steelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i'm still confused as to why they have the padding covering the rear part of the roof and back glass. unless they are hiding a hatch...
Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i'm still confused as to why they have the padding covering the rear part of the roof and back glass. unless they are hiding a hatch...
It's probably just old pictures. As the reveal date gets closer, more and more camo comes off.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Originally Posted by*PoorMansCamaro*

I hope it's a hatchback! But it very well could be a convertible with camo. Kind of doesn't make sense to have a hatch on the Corvette, and Camaro. But Jeep has about five different suv models that all have the same basic features, and people love them. It's like hey, make a truck or something, no, we're going to make another suv... If the mid engine Corvette happens, odds go up that the hatch will return to the Camaro.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #5
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedViking View Post
Originally Posted by*PoorMansCamaro*

I hope it's a hatchback! But it very well could be a convertible with camo. Kind of doesn't make sense to have a hatch on the Corvette, and Camaro. But Jeep has about five different suv models that all have the same basic features, and people love them. It's like hey, make a truck or something, no, we're going to make another suv... If the mid engine Corvette happens, odds go up that the hatch will return to the Camaro.
I don't expect to see a hatch on the Gen 6 Camaro. But I guess it would not be impossible. Might be a little more practical to have a hatch to carry cargo but it might also add more weight.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote