Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Jaygee

Drives: Future 1LE Owner
Vents- Ambient air

Hello All,

Don't post much but I have a general question to ask. I just purchased a 2015 Camaro SS and have noticed when I use the fan to cool down the cabin...fresh air coming into the cabin is warmer than the outside air. This is with the knob turn down to cold without using the AC and fresh air is selected. I have another car I use as a DD and when I use the fresh air...it feels like the ambient temperature outside. Just wondering If I need the dealer to check this out or is it normal for the Camaro to be like this? Your thought guys?

Appreciate the help

Jay
Jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Remind me in about 3 months. I only run a/c this time of year!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
it's been normal for me - I just keep it off completely or turn the dial to "O" and the flow to the window and crack a window.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
the ventilation system with the 5th gen camaro is funky. if you use the AC then most of the times you turn your car/AC it will really stink for a minute before getting fresh air ventilated through the system. iv been told this can possibly be prevented by turning the AC off a mile before you turn the car off. i dont think you should have to do anything unordinary just to get your car to not smell bad but whatever the car runs
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygee View Post
Hello All,
Don't post much but I have a general question to ask. I just purchased a 2015 Camaro SS and have noticed when I use the fan to cool down the cabin...fresh air coming into the cabin is warmer than the outside air. This is with the knob turn down to cold without using the AC and fresh air is selected. ...
Jay
Acts the same for me - this is strange.
This past week went to Camarofest and it was relatively cool OUTSIDE for most of the trip there and back (overcast). My 2014 SS does exactly the same thing as your 2015 ... had the A/C off and not on recirculate, fresh air was flowing into the cabin, the air at the vents was very warm compared to outside air. Dash was not hot so the air must be heated via heater core. Had to keep the windows cracked open more to get some un-heated air into the car.
Have not checked Camaro but most other vehicles I've owned had a water coolant valve on the input side of the heater core that closed when the temp control was set all the way to the cool side. I'm curious if Camaro has one of those heater core coolant shut-off valves, will research when I get a chance if no info on it appears in this thread.
Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Jaygee

Drives: Future 1LE Owner
Thank You for all the replies guys! It looks like I'm not the only one. Maybe it's just normal. Ron...let me know what you come up with. I'll do the same.

Jay
Jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote