Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #1
Rob Russell

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Metal noise and loud thump when driving?

**sorry if this is in the wrong section**

Before I get started, only mods I have are (L99): long tube headers, axle back exhaust, cold air intake, tune.

Now, I was driving down the road (in Sport/Manual mode) nothing crazy. I was probably doing around 20-30mph and out of no where (didn't see anything in the road) there was a loud metal sound that came from the front area of the car and then a loud thump under the car near or around my feet. My initial thought was, f*** a tranny issue, but the car still drove fine afterwards.

So I pulled over to the side of the road, got out and looked under the car, nothing. Walked back a couple hundred feet to see if I could find anything metal in the road, nothing. So now I'm stuck between either driving it hard to see if anything breaks, or putting it up and tearing everything part to see if I can find anything at all... then, I thought maybe I "threw a pushrod" but one of the pistons would have locked up I have been told.. is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated on where to start looking. Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote