Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Week with a 2019 Camaro

Hey guys/gals!

While my 2016 Camaro 2SS is in the shop, I get the chance to loan the new 2019 Camaro RS. While this is only my second day with the car, I can already say that I love the way that this car looks more than my 6th gen SS.

If Chevy took the 2019 design for the RS and put a V8 in it instead of the new SS design, I would be sold in a heartbeat. Pictures really don't do the design justice, it really is a better looking version of the 2010 model Camaro.

Even though it has quad exhaust, the RS still sounds like a lawn mower compared to my SS... HOWEVER, when you get the RPMs up it sounds pretty good. I can say I do love being able to push the RPMs higher in the RS.

P.S. Please ignore that it's usually rainy and muddy in the area I live, ill try and get some better pics over the holidays if the weather improves
Attached Images

Last edited by PhantomV8; 12-22-2018 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Not 7th gen.
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
2SSRedline

Drives: '18 Camaro SS Redline, '20 Bolt EV
This is still a Gen6 car.
2SSRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
PhantomV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRedline View Post
This is still a Gen6 car.
Correct. Post has been edited to reflect that it is simply a 2019 model.

Last edited by PhantomV8; 12-22-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
You can change the thread title. Click edit, go advanced, then you should be able to edit the title.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
Hey guys/gals!

While my 2016 Camaro 2SS is in the shop, I get the chance to loan the new 2019 Camaro RS. While this is only my second day with the car, I can already say that I love the way that this car looks more than my 6th gen SS.

If Chevy took the 2019 design for the RS and put a V8 in it instead of the new SS design, I would be sold in a heartbeat. Pictures really don't do the design justice, it really is a better looking version of the 2010 model Camaro.

Even though it has quad exhaust, the RS still sounds like a lawn mower compared to my SS... HOWEVER, when you get the RPMs up it sounds pretty good. I can say I do love being able to push the RPMs higher in the RS.

P.S. Please ignore that it's usually rainy and muddy in the area I live, ill try and get some better pics over the holidays if the weather improves
Maybe it’s just the 1LE package, but the 2019s look great with them.

I’d take the SS front over the v6/4 cylinder ones.
And I did...

gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
The one cosmetic thing I like in 2019 SS front is the painted plastic under the headlights. The V6 & T4 black plastic under headlights will grey over time. I'm not a fan of the flowtie placement on SS's and the goggle tail lights for all. The red taillights on T4 & V6s look better.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree, and they're planning to do this. Unless Al O's departure changes their plans, there is a stripper v8 planned that has the RS front. Test mules have already been spotted.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540164

It doesn't get talked about much on here because people like us who are excited for it seem to be in a silent minority. It kind of got blown into obscurity in a short time because Chevy then began showing photos of the 2020 Camaro SS fascia that offers a colored insert instead if a blackout, and that got most people's attention I think. Most people wanted a "fixed" SS fascia instead of an RS fascia slapped onto the V8 it seems, but I like the RS a lot better overall and think it's more tasteful.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I wholeheartedly agree, and they're planning to do this. Unless Al O's departure changes their plans, there is a stripper v8 planned that has the RS front. Test mules have already been spotted.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540164

It doesn't get talked about much on here because people like us who are excited for it seem to be in a silent minority. It kind of got blown into obscurity in a short time because Chevy then began showing photos of the 2020 Camaro SS fascia that offers a colored insert instead if a blackout, and that got most people's attention I think. Most people wanted a "fixed" SS fascia instead of an RS fascia slapped onto the V8 it seems, but I like the RS a lot better overall and think it's more tasteful.
I liked the RS fascia the moment I saw it. Cleaner, more up to date look of the 2010. A RS with the LT1, like Pontiac did with the Formula, would be a winner.

GearheadSS posted this picture yesterday. This car is gorgeous and I doubt anyone would say otherwise. Pleasing to look at. Sporty in way that somehow reminds me of the 71 Barracuda. How the trim under the headlights transitions into the grill
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Hey guys/gals!

The SS grill looks better than that grill. That grill looks like a Blue whale.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-40960593
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I liked the RS fascia the moment I saw it. Cleaner, more up to date look of the 2010. A RS with the LT1, like Pontiac did with the Formula, would be a winner.

GearheadSS posted this picture yesterday. This car is gorgeous and I doubt anyone would say otherwise. Pleasing to look at. Sporty in way that somehow reminds me of the 71 Barracuda. How the trim under the headlights transitions into the grill
I really like those wheels.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #11
PhantomV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post

And I did...
Beautiful ride, maybe I just like the white
Old 12-22-2018, 11:57 PM   #12
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post

And I did...

Your car looks great!
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:14 AM   #13
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
The one cosmetic thing I like in 2019 SS front is the painted plastic under the headlights. The V6 & T4 black plastic under headlights will grey over time. I'm not a fan of the flowtie placement on SS's and the goggle tail lights for all. The red taillights on T4 & V6s look better.
Different front with RS trim on LTG models,which looks great in black. Just bought it.
Attached Images

karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

Nice, put a V-8 in and I'm all in...
What blue is that? Nice wheels....style?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote