#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
Transformerrk

Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE, 2010 SS Transformer
Default track mode vs track PTM

Tracking car first time tomorrow.
Standard track mode on the street seems much more violent than track in some of the lower PTM modes.
What is standard track mode without PTM selected?
Can I/ should I use this or is it better to work my way up through the track PTM modes?
Transformerrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:44 AM   #2
BanOne

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
When I started which was just over two years ago I use PTM sport 1. I have since started using sport 2. That is if things are dry.
BanOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:50 AM   #3
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
In basic track you're going to have all the nanny's there to save you and the PTM modes in a basic sense slowly remove those or have less intervention to save you. There's a bit more to it than that but that's the gyst of the PTM's.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:53 AM   #4
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformerrk View Post
Tracking car first time tomorrow.
Standard track mode on the street seems much more violent than track in some of the lower PTM modes.
What is standard track mode without PTM selected?
Can I/ should I use this or is it better to work my way up through the track PTM modes?
My first time on track with the ZL1 it was raining, so I used PTM wet. The second day the track was dry, but had a few puddles, so I bumped up to PTM dry. It did a really good job at regulating the throttle to let me get used to the car on track. PTM wet and dry both cut a lot of power on corner exit so the rear doesn't get loose, but that was kind of good to let me learn. Now I use PTM mode Sport 2.

I am still very new to tracking. The ZL1 is the first car I have ever had on track and my first track day was in January. I have been on track 4 times now and will probably bump it up to Race on my next time out. The car is extremely easy to learn and just keeps impressing me every time I go out.

I would say depending on your experience level, either start of in PTM dry or Sport 1.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter / fender tank, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, Elite E-2X catch can, and Griffin Motorsports front crash bar. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:10 AM   #5
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
1. Select: TRACK
2. Hold TCS for 7 seconds
3. PROFIT
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #6
Slurpee

Drives: 2020 ZL1 A10; Shadow Gray Metallic
I started in regular track, no PTM. As you get comfortable you can use the additional modes.

Use this guide
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496996
Old 05-12-2023, 08:38 AM   #7
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
How much track experience do you have? If little to none, then just leave the car in Track with the steering set to track. Get a feel for the car before trying to go all out because with none to little experience, you're not even going to push the car to 5/10 of what it can do.

If you have experience but not a whole lot then try either PTM dry or Sport 1.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:46 AM   #8
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
I started in regular track, no PTM. As you get comfortable you can use the additional modes.

Use this guide
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496996
Thanks for the link. The PTM, press once, twice, 5 second variations are pretty confusing and non-intuitive.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:00 PM   #9
Transformerrk

Thanks everyone. I have three years experience with my SS but first time with ZL1 1LE.
Just got off first session on track dry and changing to track sport 1 for next session.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:15 PM   #10
getchapull
TEXIT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
I skimmed through the link. So when I turn on the car, I have max power available right at that moment correct?

Meaning, I don't have to select anything to get max horsepower and torque.
getchapull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:22 PM   #11
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
That's true! Only limited by your right foot. Well, also limited by short run time and low coolant temp in the ECM, but that only limits RPM, not power.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:10 PM   #12
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by getchapull View Post
I skimmed through the link. So when I turn on the car, I have max power available right at that moment correct?

Meaning, I don't have to select anything to get max horsepower and torque.
The only thing in the ZL1 that limits the power and speed is teen mode and valet mode. But you have to set that up and select it in the infotainment screen.

Other than that, the car gives you 100% of its power no matter if you're in snow/ice, tour, sport, track, competitive mode or any of PTM modes.

You're only limited by your throttle input and/or the nannies.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:41 PM   #13
Transformerrk

I finished the day in track PTM sport 1 and had a good time (except for the idiot who passed me on an inside turn, no passing zone and no point by).
Interestingly enough the 3R’s got so sticky that I was able to leave the event in full track PTM race and damn did those tires hook up for zero to 60 runs!
I have a lot more to improve though since I was passed by M3’s and 350 R’s :(
Old 05-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #14
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformerrk View Post
I finished the day in track PTM sport 1 and had a good time (except for the idiot who passed me on an inside turn, no passing zone and no point by).
Interestingly enough the 3R’s got so sticky that I was able to leave the event in full track PTM race and damn did those tires hook up for zero to 60 runs!
I have a lot more to improve though since I was passed by M3’s and 350 R’s :(
Glad you had a good time and going from an SS to a ZL1 1LE, there is soooo much more left in the car. Just keep going and push little by little where you can.

People talk bad about how the stock Goodyears are garbage but those people are the ones who only car about straight line speed. The 3 and 3r are very sticky when warmed up and at the correct pressure. They give you all their grip from new to when they cord.

By the way, did you change out the stock brake fluid to DOT 4? If you haven't then you need to do so before then next event.