Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-26-2017, 05:23 AM   #1
rmcbee

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Catch Can

Going to purchase a catch can for my 2013 ZL1. Seems like a low cost addition with possible benefits? Appreciate any recommendation. Some seem to install easier than others. And yes I see where you can fabricate your own, but I'd prefer to buy one off the shelf. Thanks
rmcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:38 AM   #2
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I just recently completed the installation of the Elite Engineering E2-X catch can system. Once I realized the benefits I started reading all the various posts and spent quite a bit of time researching various makers. Quickly found out that there were as many different styles as there are makes of automobiles. Likewise with the cost, looking at EBay you will find them from $18.95 all the way up to $499.95.

When reading reviews I found many different vehicle owners talking about Elite Engineering catch cans? After several weeks I settled on the Elite E2-X system.

The E2-X system comes with "everything" you will need for a complete and professional installation. When I say complete the kit is not only complete but the quality of workmanship is second to none. With this you also receive the "clean side separator", an added benefit for your car.

Having never installed a catch can system I was unsure of the best procedure, after looking at videos and some great advise from other members I could not be happier. The cost of the Elite E2-X was on the upper end of the scale but considering how much we spend purchasing vehicles it is worth it.

Kit also comes with two one way valves that is a real plus to the system.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
jsd

Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
@deputy

Hi, i think about to upgrade from the standard ecc to the dual valve e2x.
I dont understand, what is better with the dual valve.
How is the installation instruction. I dont understand the installation for the one way valves and how went the instalation for the intake tube hose?
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
blackbird15

Drives: 2015 zl1 camaro
I was advised by elite engineering to go with the E2 catch can. Zl1 comes standard with clean side separator.
blackbird15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd View Post
@deputy

Hi, i think about to upgrade from the standard ecc to the dual valve e2x.
I dont understand, what is better with the dual valve.
How is the installation instruction. I dont understand the installation for the one way valves and how went the instalation for the intake tube hose?
From what I understand, the single check valve catch can hooks into the vacuum line of the pcv which only pulls vacuum under WOT and other limited times. With the 2 check valve can, the second line goes into the inlet tube directly in front of the Throttle Body so that there is vacuum present all the time while the engine is running. This provides continuous operation and not just under certain conditions. With the 2 valve version, you will need to drill and thread a hole in the air inlet tube in front of the TB. This is to accommodate the vacuum fitting for the 2nd check valve line I mentioned.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
DRILLING OIL

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Can anyone share what the exact configuration for ordering the Elite version? They have all the drop down options and I want to make sure I get the right one for our cars.
DRILLING OIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any needing ANY installation, routing, explanations, etc. please email our Technical Support Team direct and they will generally respond within hours unless a weekend and can give all details. You can also bring any vehicle in to our Tampa, FL based R&D facility and we will install your system at NO CHARGE as well as give a good explanation on every aspect of all involved.

Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Thanks!!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote