Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
Whiff3081

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Bulb replacement

Happy New year!

I have a 2015 SS and one of my headlights has started to fade and turns off after a few minutes of being on.. Now I'm guessing it's a bulb now the problem is I live in Abu Dhabi and I have been quoted by Chevy $270 US for a new bulb which I believe is way to much! Can someone please help me with what kind of bulb I need? I don't really know much about light levels etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Whiff3081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiff3081 View Post
Happy New year!

I have a 2015 SS and one of my headlights has started to fade and turns off after a few minutes of being on.. Now I'm guessing it's a bulb now the problem is I live in Abu Dhabi and I have been quoted by Chevy $270 US for a new bulb which I believe is way to much! Can someone please help me with what kind of bulb I need? I don't really know much about light levels etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
These are not bulbs but HID Lamps and yes they are expensive but maybe one of the other forum members can chime in here.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Whiff3081

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I've seen some for less than half the price but I don't want to buy them until I know what's currently in my car... I would just look but unfortunately I'm away at the moment.. The ones I've seen are Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense D3S HID upto 5000k
Whiff3081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #4
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
If you have a RS package, you should have the factory D2S? HID bulbs. I believe you can find oem style replacement HID bulbs from many sources, I would replace both to ensure they are the same color. The RS package has a single HID bulb on each side, base model is (IMO) functionally superior with 2 bulbs per side, but no projector.

Google will tell you exactly which model bulb to use. I decided to Google for you because it was so easy and only took 5 seconds. Much easier than being a jerk and telling you to search.

Here's a link for you and future people that find this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377704

I strongly recommend a 4000K-4500K color temp. 4500K if you want "white light" 4000K if you want to see. The human eye recognizes a slightly yellow color much better than white or blue light. 5000K is a bit blue and offers slightly inferior visibility, 6000K and beyond is just awful and unsafe. I do industrial lighting as part of my job, there is professional experience and logic behind my statement.
TWOFORTYZ is offline   Reply With Quote