Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Data logging

Can you data log without a laptop with the sctx4? Will the sctx4 store data logging and transfer it to a desk top computer?...I found a DIY for the sctx3 but when it gets to the part of scrolling thru the sctx3 data log section I hit a wall. The sctx4 won't let me scroll thru the data log section to select PIDs. I picked the PIDs I want to log from sct live link and it says it successfully sent them to the device. Now what? Do I connect to the obd2 port and select data log?. Thanks...
Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
hunter1660

You can log without a laptop and the device does store the log. Import it to the sct live link on desktop to view.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Reviving this thread because I'm getting ready to data log for the first time, exactly as you did. Installed my AEM Uego gauge today, and just need to buy the FireWire cable. Sending the logs to TedJ for updates. Any advice. After sifting through YouTube videos, I believe I only need to attach the blue wire from the AEM to the orange wire from the Fire Wire. Not sure if that connection also has a separate ground.....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #4
hunter1660

Ted has a tutorial on the data logging and he's probably added more pids in your case. Not sure of the wiring. Maybe someone running the same system will share their knowledge. Congrats on the boost. Gives new meaning to..Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
That it does. Been babying it until I can at least read afr's.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Reviving this thread because I'm getting ready to data log for the first time, exactly as you did. Installed my AEM Uego gauge today, and just need to buy the FireWire cable. Sending the logs to TedJ for updates. Any advice. After sifting through YouTube videos, I believe I only need to attach the blue wire from the AEM to the orange wire from the Fire Wire. Not sure if that connection also has a separate ground.....
For the firewire, White from the AEM will go to Red on Firewire, Black Blue and Green all need to get grounded to a good engine ground as does the gauge ground, White is not used, orange is another analog channel not used.

The X4 can be set up to log a specific set of PIDs but it does not transpose the analog channel correctly so It is best to use a laptop and LiveLink software for logging.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote