Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #15
Tjaas
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern, Md
Posts: 17
My advice would be to call your credit card company and file a dispute to get a refund. Let the CC company deal with them. It will work if you have back up emails / info to prove your case no matter what the cancelation policey is in fine print.
Tjaas is offline  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #16
rickyrocket

 
rickyrocket's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Coventry RI
Posts: 1,164
That's total bs if you bought it discounted it takes longer,I bought from them last year got all the same runaround as their still doing, called the parts mfg.direct and asked what MS's status was as a vendor,both said good?,but also said they had sold/shipped their own product and there was no backlog, they also both shipped my parts direct to bail out MS,Ill never buy from MS again,eventually someone's going to get burned for their $$$
__________________
15 1 SS
rickyrocket is offline  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #17
The camaro show
 
The camaro show's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northern West Virginia
Posts: 729
I agree with the complaint that’s not right he should have been notified
__________________
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, vmax ported tb,jac fab intake manifold, dominat8 tuned
The camaro show is offline  
Old 12-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #18
LT1Zob

 
LT1Zob's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 AGM 1LE 2SSRS / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 1,493
What I don't understand as I watch MS get bashed on 2 different forums almost daily is why continue this current business model that's running their good name into the ground? I'm aware that in some industries, good or bad, all publicity is good publicity. But that's just not true in the automotive aftermarket industry as getting bashed constantly in front of thousands of enthusiast eyeballs seals up most of those wallets. So why not just go back to concentrating on customer satisfaction and drop this silly "you get discount, in exchange we give you a dozen false shipping dates, then one day, when you least expect it, your crap arrives at your door"? I don't get how this model makes sense to any business that had a great reputation for years.
__________________
Production # 0065
LT1Zob is offline  
Old 12-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #19
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
I agree with the complaint that’s not right he should have been notified
We deal with a lot of customers. After a complaint like this is posted, all I can do is make it right, which I did by overnighting product.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
What I don't understand as I watch MS get bashed on 2 different forums almost daily is why continue this current business model that's running their good name into the ground? I'm aware that in some industries, good or bad, all publicity is good publicity. But that's just not true in the automotive aftermarket industry as getting bashed constantly in front of thousands of enthusiast eyeballs seals up most of those wallets. So why not just go back to concentrating on customer satisfaction and drop this silly "you get discount, in exchange we give you a dozen false shipping dates, then one day, when you least expect it, your crap arrives at your door"? I don't get how this model makes sense to any business that had a great reputation for years.
Trust me, I would LOVE nothing more than to charge everyone website price and ship immediately. However website price is often manufacturer “minimum advertised price” or “MAP price”. The issue is, this makes our website price the same as summit and jegs, and often more than Amazon (because manufacturers cannot enforce MAP on them. I do not see a plausible business model built around charging more than the largest retailer in the world and hoping people buy from us. Do that’s where we get into the discounting stuff. We have a ton of customers who are fine and happy with it. However I do feel when one person complains and we try and make them happy, other people see it and pile on
__________________

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 12-29-2017, 02:20 PM   #20
Kraken
 
Kraken's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
We deal with a lot of customers. After a complaint like this is posted, all I can do is make it right, which I did by overnighting product.




Trust me, I would LOVE nothing more than to charge everyone website price and ship immediately. However website price is often manufacturer “minimum advertised price” or “MAP price”. The issue is, this makes our website price the same as summit and jegs, and often more than Amazon (because manufacturers cannot enforce MAP on them. I do not see a plausible business model built around charging more than the largest retailer in the world and hoping people buy from us. Do that’s where we get into the discounting stuff. We have a ton of customers who are fine and happy with it. However I do feel when one person complains and we try and make them happy, other people see it and pile on

Waiting for you to make mines right as well!
Kraken is offline  
Old 12-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Waiting for you to make mines right as well!

PM me your order number
__________________

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 12-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #22
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me
 
StreetRage320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray A6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Southwest, MN
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
We deal with a lot of customers. After a complaint like this is posted, all I can do is make it right, which I did by overnighting product.




Trust me, I would LOVE nothing more than to charge everyone website price and ship immediately. However website price is often manufacturer “minimum advertised price” or “MAP price”. The issue is, this makes our website price the same as summit and jegs, and often more than Amazon (because manufacturers cannot enforce MAP on them. I do not see a plausible business model built around charging more than the largest retailer in the world and hoping people buy from us. Do that’s where we get into the discounting stuff. We have a ton of customers who are fine and happy with it. However I do feel when one person complains and we try and make them happy, other people see it and pile on
I have made a career out of earning people's business. I feel my knowledge in my area of expertise and the support I offer has value. Competing on price alone in a situation you can't win is not a sucessful business plan. I can also tell you and I am starting my winter mods and I have only contacted one vendor Ted Janetty, his knowledge and excellent reviews have value to me. I am willing to pay for that piece of mind and support. Could I find things cheaper? probably. Is there a chance going that cheap route that I may end up with wrong parts, bad tune, missing pieces, or a complete upgrade that does not meet my HP requirements, absolutely. I wish you guys well.
StreetRage320 is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
Kraken
 
Kraken's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
PM me your order number
PM sent!
Kraken is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #24
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
I have made a career out of earning people's business. I feel my knowledge in my area of expertise and the support I offer has value. Competing on price alone in a situation you can't win is not a sucessful business plan. I can also tell you and I am starting my winter mods and I have only contacted one vendor Ted Janetty, his knowledge and excellent reviews have value to me. I am willing to pay for that piece of mind and support. Could I find things cheaper? probably. Is there a chance going that cheap route that I may end up with wrong parts, bad tune, missing pieces, or a complete upgrade that does not meet my HP requirements, absolutely. I wish you guys well.
I wish it worked that way. In the old days we got a lot of tech support calls. Now people just post on 10 facebook groups, get an answer they like and buy from whoever is cheapest.
__________________

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #25
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
PM sent!
Will get this straight on Tuesday. Thanks
__________________

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #26
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me
 
StreetRage320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray A6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Southwest, MN
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I wish it worked that way. In the old days we got a lot of tech support calls. Now people just post on 10 facebook groups, get an answer they like and buy from whoever is cheapest.
I am not familiar with the market you are in. I can't imagine being in a market where the number one buying criteria is price. If people are sourcing the product the way you say, then honestly they are getting what they pay for.
__________________
StreetRage320 is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #27
derb83
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: north carolina
Posts: 32
Ive been waiting for a simple zl1 fuel pump since 11/22 , eventually i ordered another from adm performance and had it in 2 days . I filed a credit card dispute because my refund request was denied multiple times . Hopefully i get my money back some time in 2018 . Normally i research everyone i order from but the one time i didnt i wish i did .
derb83 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #28
Kraken
 
Kraken's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 89
Still Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Will get this straight on Tuesday. Thanks
Today is Tuesday and I still haven't heard from you! I was told that I would hear something the Tuesday after Christmas. Then again the Tuesday after new years. I'm still waiting!
Kraken is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.