Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #1065
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Looks like the SS gets line lock too
Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #1066
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
That's kinda weird getting rid of Yellow no? I mean I really doubt I'd ever buy a Yellow Camaro unless it was a killer deal, but I'm not anti-yellow by any means.

Just seems like a color that's been there for a rather long time.
Pretty much me, I wasnt going out looking for Yellow(wanted red or blue, would have settled for black or grey) we decided it was time for a fun car again and I was set on something SHE really liked(she wasnt a fan of my z28 track project, or my street legal drag car) but found a fantastic deal on a leftover, and my young kids love Transformers so they are getting excited about cars. Win win win win. And now I have a yellow car.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #1067

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Looks like the SS gets line lock too
Does the ZL1 have that now with the A10 or is it something new? A different sort of Launch Control?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #1068
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Pretty much me, I wasnt going out looking for Yellow(wanted red or blue, would have settled for black or grey) we decided it was time for a fun car again and I was set on something SHE really liked(she wasnt a fan of my z28 track project, or my street legal drag car) but found a fantastic deal on a leftover, and my young kids love Transformers so they are getting excited about cars. Win win win win. And now I have a yellow car.
Awesome!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #1069
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Does the ZL1 have that now with the A10 or is it something new? A different sort of Launch Control?
ZL1 has it currently, both manual and a10.... it locks front brakes while doing burnouts... easier burnouts without wearing rear brakes, good feature for drag racing
Iroc_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #1070
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I was hoping for Gray or Orange and I got one of the two. The wife will be happy because I was leaning orange. My 1st SS was Cyber Gray and I like this color even better so far.

You don't have to if you buy a black car...
I think the Steel Gray is the same color used on the Colorado , i seen one yesterday and it would look great on the Camaro if so . To me it looks like a dark Silver but what do i know . The ZL1 and 1Le will look really nice in that color no matter where the flowtie goes.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #1071
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
For everyone wondering about the new silver color ....SATIN STEEL GRAY METALLIC

Here is the same color on the 2018 Colorado.

It is real sharp in person, not a charcoal, but not a silver either.......nice smoky grey.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:26 PM   #1072
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'm still not a fan of these wheels....whatever they are called....salad shooters?..lol...can't wait to see a set after a tire rotation from a dealership...lol...

Attachment 929865
Yeah I hate both new wheels... previous ones looked better.
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #1073
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Name:  218DA3EA-0F95-4CC8-8B46-CAB2F54DA2D3.jpeg
Views: 1414
Size:  93.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #1074
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Well, I see everything has calmed down...

In my time as a MOD I really can't remember this much negativity for a reveal or refresh and I've been here for them all.

Memories of the 5th Gen reveal.

When I saw the 5th Gen Concept I was floored, I knew I would own one.
When I saw the Production 5th Gen in Indy in 08 it was Silver Ice Metallic with the Inferno Orange Interior. I new that was my car. That exact color combo sits in my garage.

5th Gen refresh the only thing I really did not care for was the added chrome piece around the headlights. Whose idea was that anyway - "off with their head"

Now the Z28, again I was floored - Man that thing looked like it was going to punch you in the mouth and take your lunch money...

Memories of the 6th Gen reveal.

I was lucky enough to be invited to the release in Detroit. When the cars pulled out I was impressed, they looked great and the performance was top notch.

Then the 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE were released. Yep, floored again. Killer looks and above and beyond performance to boot! If I could afford it, I would have a Hyper Blue Metallic 1LE sleeping in the stall next to my 5th Gen.

As for the 6th Gen refresh...

I can honestly say I really like the I4 Turbo 1LE ,it looks great if that was a Camaro I was in the market for I'd gladly put my hard earned money down.

I'm still trying to take in the convertible.

The SS, I like everything but the front fascia I'm just, well, I just don't think... wait what is going on there and... it... ummmmm... give it more time it will grow on me right... ummmmmmm having a really hard time finding anything positive about that front fascia. I know I know, give it time... What...

The photo shops with the front blacked out fascia painted to match the body completely change the look and in my opinion, take the SS refresh to the level it should be, the next step in the Camaro's evolution.

One thing to remember is that we are all "Passionate Camaro Enthusiasts" and we all have our opinions. Let's make sure we are being respectful to all when posting.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #1075
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Now that's funny!

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #1076
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
For everyone wondering about the new silver color ....SATIN STEEL GRAY METALLIC

Here is the same color on the 2018 Colorado.

It is real sharp in person, not a charcoal, but not a silver either.......nice smoky grey.

Yup, looks silver to me.. boring. Looks just like the 2010 dodge ram mineral grey and the Ford granite crystal metallic. Can't they come up with something new and unique like Dodge has for the challengers? They've got a nice orange, bright green, gorgeous maroon, a non metallic concrete grey (destroyer grey), etc. Just frustrsting.

Sounds like some desperate cost savings by shutting down some color lines. Instead of silver and dark grey, they combined the two into a dark silver. Got rid of yellow, and replaced a blue with another blue. Hopefully this isn't a sign of the end...

Imagine a 1LE in these colors:
Attached Images

Last edited by Cgocifer; 04-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #1077
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Its really unfortunate that people feel they need to make personal attacks. These forums exist for discussion and opinions, not the same for peoples personal pages. I love the current Gen 6 and feel a 2SS 1LE would be the perfect choice for me. I'm not feelin the refresh, doesnt mean it wont grow on me some day. Hell, I have a "catfish" SS and love it. I was in my middle teens when the 96-97 4th Gen SS came out and I loved that car. When the refresh came out, I really didn't like it. Then cars like the Bergers and such started to appear and I really started liking it. I'm the minority in car sales world, I keep my stuff for a very long time..Ive now had my Camaro for 11 years. I was considering selling my Harley and the Camaro to get a new SS 1LE. I just cant swing two car payments as I traded in my 15 year old (purchased new) Cavalier for a '16 Colorado Duramax just over a year ago. Daily Driver was more important and desperately needed. I'm a GM guy no matter what, this updated look just means for me that I'll be most likely find a used '18 at some point. If people want to make a statement on how they feel about the new car, either show up and purchase one or dont. That is where any manufacturer will know everyones true feelings, in their pockets. If its truly that aweful, they wont sell. Honda saw that happen to them not long ago with Civic. They made a half year refresh of the brand new gen because there was so much backlash and lack of sales.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #1078
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Thats a keeper!!!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!