Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Just not what I think of when I think of a Corvette. Classic American Muscle.

Reminds me more of a Italian Sports Cars.

What's next??? Front Wheel Drive Camaro?
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #30
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post

ahh gotcha i see

don't say that bolded bit too loudly... it almost happened with the 4th gen lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #31
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i watched rick conti's blog this morning and he found two hidden silhouette's of Zora Arkus Duntov amidst the camo, and also on the wheel center caps. go to corvetteconti to watch that. i'd rather they call it Zora than Stingray since it's a new generation.
btw look at those wheels.
Attached Images

Last edited by AZCamaroFan; 04-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #32
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post

If that's what we're going for, then the Ford GT, Vector Aeromotive W8, DeLorean DMC-12, Saleen S7, SSC Ultimate Aero and Tuatara are not Americans at all, nor do they evoke anything close to the classics, and more the Ford GT now than in Once a V8 has a V6 ...

I guess the Dodge Charger now does not inspire American classic car from the day it became a 4-door ... or the 4-cylinder versions of the mustang and camaro that is not the first time they opt for an engine like that if we go to the past .

I'll be funny and I'll tell you that A 1901 Autocar was the first gasoline-powered automobile to use a drive shaft and placed the engine under the seat, A.K.A Mid-Engined, and Autocar is American.

Tradition may preduce history, but it does not define it. Does this car look familiar?

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #33
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The Corvette isn’t a muscle car. Besides, if Duntov had his way, the Corvette would have been mid engine a long time ago.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #34
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I'm not a fan of the C8 so far but I'll reserve final opinion when it's fully revealed. Corvette DNA has always been front-engine and it's hard to wrap my mind around a mid-engine Corvette. Additionally, there's supposed to be no manual transmission option, which is sad.
I heard the C7 Corvette will remain in production through the 2020 model year but I don't know if it will continue beyond. Think of it as the 2020 Corvette "Classic".
I also heard a rumor the date on the door also represents the C8's Nurburgring time (7:18.19). If true, that is VERY impressive for the 'base' model C8.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the last C7 will be a black Z06 and it will be auctioned june 28th at Barrett Jackson Northeast Auction.
So no there will be no 2020 C7.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:56 PM   #36
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Curious to see what the price starts at, and what sort of mechanical issues come up with the first gen of this.

Frankly, a semi practical sports car just became fairly impractical for a good number of people who buy these sort of things. We'll see I suppose.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #37
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
the last C7 will be a black Z06 and it will be auctioned june 28th at Barrett Jackson Northeast Auction.
So no there will be no 2020 C7.
It's true https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Medi...rs-foundation/
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #38
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I do not understand all of the negativity on this thread.

I applaud GM for continuing to try and evolve their sports car platforms. They have DRASTICALLY improved the Camaro with beasts like the ZL1 1LE. If they were to keep the Corvette as a front engine muscle car at some point the Camaro and Corvette overlap, at that point there is not a need for both.

I like the look of the C8, and the fact GM engineers are working to make sure the Vette does not suffer the same fate as the Viper.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:37 AM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post

I applaud GM for continuing to try and evolve their sports car platforms. They have DRASTICALLY improved the Camaro with beasts like the ZL1 1LE. If they were to keep the Corvette as a front engine muscle car at some point the Camaro and Corvette overlap, at that point there is not a need for both.

I like the look of the C8, and the fact GM engineers are working to make sure the Vette does not suffer the same fate as the Viper.
all of it

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #40
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post

The polarized reaction is why I think GM should be doing the C8 as an expansion to the Corvette 'brand' instead of being the C7 replacement. Satisfy both camps that way.

*edit, yes I know that is a lot more expensive, but it also frees the mid engined car to start in the 6 figures
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #41
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The polarized reaction is why I think GM should be doing the C8 as an expansion to the Corvette 'brand' instead of being the C7 replacement. Satisfy both camps that way.

*edit, yes I know that is a lot more expensive, but it also frees the mid engined car to start in the 6 figures
From a consumer standpoint that would be ideal, we would have our choice.

From a manufacturing standpoint, that is a high risk/high reward gamble. When a product brand or segment is dissected into two very different products, you have two scenarios:

high risk is that your new product competes with your old product, and your current customers are split between them, driving volume down and costs up.

the high reward is that you obtain new customers from other manufactures and grow your market share across both segments.

In the performance car market segment, I believe they made the correct choice. I do not think the C8 can take enough market share from the established mid engine competition, too many buyers are very brand specific in this segment.

Only time will tell, it is fun to watch things like this play out when it is not my money...
Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #42
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I'd really like to hear from GM Chairman & CEO Mary Barra as to why no more FE vette?

I think there is a corollary here ...she might be GM's version of Ma Ferguson (the Gov of Texas who eliminated the Texas Rangers ) only to have them reinstated after they hunted down Bonnie & Clyde and her ass was voted out of office !
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote