Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #15
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
That video is awesome!! I hadn't seen that one yet, definitely looks doable. I'll give it shot once the weather warms up a bit. Thanks so much for the links, greatly appreciated!
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:34 AM   #16
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I just got it re-wrapped 3,000 miles ago!

Name:  EB69715F-200F-43CD-A0BB-5A42A6AE6ADE.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  216.6 KB
Old 05-31-2019, 04:46 PM   #17
J Rod

Well that was not near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only cost me $60 for the vinyl and took me 1.5 hrs to install. I can’t believe they wanted $450 to do this, what a rip. Krazzy, you are my hero!
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2019, 05:33 PM   #18
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Nice job.

I had a scratch thru the vinyl and the paint. Rather than paint the hood just to wrap it I painted the hood.

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #19
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Nice job J Rod
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:04 AM   #20
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Well that was not near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only cost me $60 for the vinyl and took me 1.5 hrs to install. I can’t believe they wanted $450 to do this, what a rip. Krazzy, you are my hero!
Looks great! Glad I could help. Once again, the power of YouTube show's it's greatness! Ha!

My neighbor told me he was going to pay a local shop $400 to do the same thing to the roof of his 2015 Corvette. I instantly told him I would do it for half, including the material! He still decided to go with the shop. Oh well. You can lead them to water sometimes....
Old 06-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #21
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Looks like mine has a inch long bubble at the rear right of the hood vent . Going to try to remove vent and shoot some glue in there to repair it . If not ill replace it ,the video looks like it is a DYI project . IMHO Chevy should have done a better job of it in the first place.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #22
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Looks like mine has a inch long bubble at the rear right of the hood vent . Going to try to remove vent and shoot some glue in there to repair it . If not ill replace it ,the video looks like it is a DYI project . IMHO Chevy should have done a better job of it in the first place.
I wouldn't advise doing that because when the day comes that you have to replace that wrap you're going to have to deal with whatever glue you added on top of the wrap and it's mess.

I had bubbles as well. That's why I had to rewrap mine. Turns out the aluminum hood was corroding! Sorry the pictures are in links instead of just being shown. Don't know how to make Onedrive links that will work with this site.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lt_...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gf...u-S_PDAM5u6Ti1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vbk...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #23
J Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
Looks great! Glad I could help. Once again, the power of YouTube show's it's greatness! Ha!

My neighbor told me he was going to pay a local shop $400 to do the same thing to the roof of his 2015 Corvette. I instantly told him I would do it for half, including the material! He still decided to go with the shop. Oh well. You can lead them to water sometimes....
Yea honestly I think I had less issues with bubbles and creases than the guy did in the video, although he was much faster at removing them. I've decided to go ahead and do the hood on the my truck to match the car, if that goes ok I think I may start offering my services to friends as well. Could be an easy $100-$200 profit depending on how much I like them. lol
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 AM   #24
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Yea honestly I think I had less issues with bubbles and creases than the guy did in the video, although he was much faster at removing them. I've decided to go ahead and do the hood on the my truck to match the car, if that goes ok I think I may start offering my services to friends as well. Could be an easy $100-$200 profit depending on how much I like them. lol
LOL. I completely understand. My standard answer to people is, go get a quote from a shop and I'll do it for half that.

Good luck. Slap a picture up here when you're done so we can see it.