Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #253
mbrinker96

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Did you have to send back the parts from the others?

Be prepappared for more lool
I never received the other one since it got lost in transit, but maybe it will show up one day
mbrinker96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #254
mbrinker96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
they should be able to help you just take pictures and show them and they should send someone to come pick it up and get u sent a new one
I sure hope so. I ordered through Next Gen Speed and their customer service takes forever to respond. It shipped directly from Ikon, so I might try calling them if I don't hear anything back from Next Gen.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #255
mbrinker96

Quote:
Driverside has electrical demons but i can get drls to work and I can get high and lows to work just not all at once while being plugged in.

Plugged in my hi lows work.
Unplugged my drls work
How do you have your DRLs wired? The one on my headlights use just a ground and power cable. I bought a fuse connector and wired my power to the ignition fuse so they turn on whenever the key is in the on position. Not sure if you could do something similar or if yours work completely different.

I was also hoping this method would work with the bumper DRLs if I just tap them to my headlight ones as long as it gets enough power.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #256
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrinker96 View Post
How do you have your DRLs wired? The one on my headlights use just a ground and power cable. I bought a fuse connector and wired my power to the ignition fuse so they turn on whenever the key is in the on position. Not sure if you could do something similar or if yours work completely different.

I was also hoping this method would work with the bumper DRLs if I just tap them to my headlight ones as long as it gets enough power.

Fuse 15 which is ignition and positive terminal at fusebox

My Drls are not functioning as of yet.

Also you being a 2014 shouldnt have to worry as you have one less step of converting.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #257
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrinker96 View Post
I sure hope so. I ordered through Next Gen Speed and their customer service takes forever to respond. It shipped directly from Ikon, so I might try calling them if I don't hear anything back from Next Gen.
Ikon has good customer service considering they could have gone full sorry not our problem with me at least they were really helpful in getting my new bumper but then again i went through Ebay
Old 06-18-2019, 03:54 AM   #258
crowcoll

Drives: Camaro 2014 LS
I'm not sure if this could solve your problem or not Pagliaro but these guys sell some kind of conversion harness for the 10-13 models that might just help you out so figured I would inform you about it.
crowcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:53 AM   #259
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcoll View Post
I'm not sure if this could solve your problem or not Pagliaro but these guys sell some kind of conversion harness for the 10-13 models that might just help you out so figured I would inform you about it.
I know I sent tha snowman that way.

I may give his harness a try.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:03 AM   #260
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
Ikon has good customer service considering they could have gone full sorry not our problem with me at least they were really helpful in getting my new bumper but then again i went through Ebay
I got the whole we are sorry can't help on various occassions. I'm surprised they do not stock extra parts.

My communication has been through ebay with them.

Bellypan is one and another minor issues with another insert. I offered to buy not asking for free
I'm totally turned off of their business model/customer service and willingness to help. This goes on from prior to buying with pre communication or lack there of trying to get the product.

Its too bad cause the product is quality but their communication and willingness to help is a 0. I'm turned off at this point.

Even the chinese company that makes the headlights are willing to help and communicate better with me.

The best so far with this project other than here has been my HID provider. Prolightz which are local to me. Amazing over the phone advice / service that has gotten me further along the not so plug and play headlights.

My painter hands down has also been great.
6th gen headlights.

Current issue daytime running lights not working when they should be.

I can confirm that my components Vland headlights are working, my ballasts and bulbs are working as well.

Turn signal harness is working
Drl harness is working.

2013-2014 harness is questionable if its causing the issue.

Debug.
To physically see 1 Drl ( driver side ) I have to pull the driver side harness out ( main headlight connector from 2011)

This in turn will turn off high/low beams.

To test functionality of both headlights I tested everything on drivers side.

High/low/turn signal

Turn signal works all the time.
High low work with driver side 2011 connector connected.
Drl comes on with 2011 connector unplugged.

Passenger side DRLs never come on even with unplug method.

Tested all of this with drl harness connected.

If I return to stock everything functions as normal.

The lighting shop got the high lows to work with me by running through polarity. That in turn may also be causing some issues because switching polarity means off and on get reversed.

Next step would be to note what polarity switches had to be made to get me to physically see high/low in working order.

This in turn means my headlights although I can confirm all lights firing in various states of debugging might internally be not wired correctly.

Also my main 2011 wiring harness might be defective but it works the stock rs headlights when back to stock.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 06-18-2019 at 05:31 AM. Reason: 6th gen headlights. Current issue daytime running lights not working when they should be. I can confirm that my components
Old 06-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #261
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcoll View Post
that website has so much customization love it!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:21 PM   #262
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
I got the whole we are sorry can't help on various occassions. I'm surprised they do not stock extra parts.

My communication has been through ebay with them.

Bellypan is one and another minor issues with another insert. I offered to buy not asking for free
I'm totally turned off of their business model/customer service and willingness to help. This goes on from prior to buying with pre communication or lack there of trying to get the product.

Its too bad cause the product is quality but their communication and willingness to help is a 0. I'm turned off at this point.

Even the chinese company that makes the headlights are willing to help and communicate better with me.

The best so far with this project other than here has been my HID provider. Prolightz which are local to me. Amazing over the phone advice / service that has gotten me further along the not so plug and play headlights.

My painter hands down has also been great.
6th gen headlights.

Current issue daytime running lights not working when they should be.

I can confirm that my components Vland headlights are working, my ballasts and bulbs are working as well.

Turn signal harness is working
Drl harness is working.

2013-2014 harness is questionable if its causing the issue.

Debug.
To physically see 1 Drl ( driver side ) I have to pull the driver side harness out ( main headlight connector from 2011)

This in turn will turn off high/low beams.

To test functionality of both headlights I tested everything on drivers side.

High/low/turn signal

Turn signal works all the time.
High low work with driver side 2011 connector connected.
Drl comes on with 2011 connector unplugged.

Passenger side DRLs never come on even with unplug method.

Tested all of this with drl harness connected.

If I return to stock everything functions as normal.

The lighting shop got the high lows to work with me by running through polarity. That in turn may also be causing some issues because switching polarity means off and on get reversed.

Next step would be to note what polarity switches had to be made to get me to physically see high/low in working order.

This in turn means my headlights although I can confirm all lights firing in various states of debugging might internally be not wired correctly.

Also my main 2011 wiring harness might be defective but it works the stock rs headlights when back to stock.
Sorry your having so many problems man..if there is anything I can do to help ..let me know
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:27 AM   #263
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Sorry your having so many problems man..if there is anything I can do to help ..let me know
You created this thread its full of help
I'm sure I'll get there and hopefully then I'll be able to help others with the 2010-2013 stuff.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #264
NXTLEVL

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Twin Turbo LSX454
I plan on doing this conversion this winter but I'm very interested in having a carbon fiber splitter. From conversations with IKON it appears that the splitter included with this kit is exclusive to the kit and therefore no aftermarket pieces will fit. Is this what everyone else is hearing as well? Do we know if anyone is making a carbon fiber piece that fits or if stock replacement ZL1 or SS splitters fit?
NXTLEVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #265
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

You'd have to heabily modify anything you want to attach to this. ZLS has added other splitters.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #266
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Hopefully company's like ZL1 add-ons or hardcore designs will start making splitters and other items for this conversation bumper.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote