Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2019, 10:31 PM   #589
JooktheSnooke
 
JooktheSnooke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: new york
Posts: 149
Are remote tune mostly used for bolt ones? I cammed my car and have a Diablo intume i2. Can I use this to tune a cammed car or should I just bring it to a Dino?
__________________
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #590
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 12,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooktheSnooke View Post
Are remote tune mostly used for bolt ones? I cammed my car and have a Diablo intume i2. Can I use this to tune a cammed car or should I just bring it to a Dino?
depends on the size of the camshaft sir but personally im not a diablosport fan on gm
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #591
ohiocrew
 
ohiocrew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Blanchester, OH
Posts: 32
DynoSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheeler78 View Post
I have to give a big thank you to you, Steve. You emailed back and forth with me for a few weeks until I was ready to purchase. You got the tuner to me in just a few days and helped a noob tune his car after business hours. Thanks for answering your phone so late that evening. This thing is a different animal now. You have my future business and respect. Thanks again.

Guys, if you have any doubts about who to deal with, look no further than RDP Motorsports and dynosteve.
I have to agree. I placed an order with Steve, the order arrived two days later, I sent him my stock tune, and the following day he provided me the custom tune. I should have did this along time ago. The car runs great, Steve was good to work with.

Mike
ohiocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #592
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 12,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocrew View Post
I have to agree. I placed an order with Steve, the order arrived two days later, I sent him my stock tune, and the following day he provided me the custom tune. I should have did this along time ago. The car runs great, Steve was good to work with.

Mike
Thankyou sir
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #593
Alex15
 
Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 4
Just got my first tune from Steve and can't be happier! The car runs great, it really brings the headers, intake and exhaust to life. No issues with using the tuner or uploading the files. Great experience, thanks Steve!


Now just need to decide what the next mod is going to be!
Alex15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #594
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 12,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex15 View Post
Just got my first tune from Steve and can't be happier! The car runs great, it really brings the headers, intake and exhaust to life. No issues with using the tuner or uploading the files. Great experience, thanks Steve!


Now just need to decide what the next mod is going to be!
Appreciate the Feedback sir and was great working with you.
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #595
Level300
 
Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 188
I purchased a set of kooks long tubes and a sct x4 programmer from dynosteve. His prices are very competitive and he shipped quickly. He’s also very responsive. I sent him my original tune on a Saturday, expecting a response on Monday. He responded within 1/2 hour with a tune file.

Thanks Steve!
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #596
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 12,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
I purchased a set of kooks long tubes and a sct x4 programmer from dynosteve. His prices are very competitive and he shipped quickly. He’s also very responsive. I sent him my original tune on a Saturday, expecting a response on Monday. He responded within 1/2 hour with a tune file.

Thanks Steve!
Thankyou Sir
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #597
chrish70
 
Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: east cleveland
Posts: 97
Steve hooked me up with a amazing tune, i recently went to a local dyno day here with our club and the dyno operator mentioned that it was a awesome tune and theres no way he could improve on it
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:05 AM   #598
14CamaroSSRSLS3
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: CT
Posts: 7
what's funny is, he only modifies about half the stuff that should be... and even some of those things are not adjusted as much as they could/should be...

so, there is still more that can be gotten out of it via a tune than just the few things that he adjusts...

and before anyone asks... yes, I have a copy of his camaro tune file that he does for people, so I can compare it to my own custom tune as well as compared to the stock factory tune...
14CamaroSSRSLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #599
camguynj


 
camguynj's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14CamaroSSRSLS3 View Post
what's funny is, he only modifies about half the stuff that should be... and even some of those things are not adjusted as much as they could/should be...

so, there is still more that can be gotten out of it via a tune than just the few things that he adjusts...

and before anyone asks... yes, I have a copy of his camaro tune file that he does for people, so I can compare it to my own custom tune as well as compared to the stock factory tune...
You would expect a custom should adjust more. What would be interesting is for you to return your stock tune, then data log and send your results to Steve for his custom tune and compare his custom tune to your current one as well as to see how the car responds to each one.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:16 AM   #600
b4wheeler
 
b4wheeler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lothian, Md
Posts: 419
Will/Can data logging provide me with a more accurate tune. Currently I have your tune for L99 w/ CAI, headers, exhaust. Stock gears, Automatic.
__________________
2011 2SS/RS Convertible, Victory Red, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Scoop and Bottle, Oracle Ghosted side markers, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers, No Cats, Straight piped, Bo White TB, GM Factory GFX kit, lowered 1.0"+, Factory Camaro optional 21" wheels, CDC Roll bar and some powder coating and dipping.
b4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:16 PM   #601
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 12,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wheeler View Post
Will/Can data logging provide me with a more accurate tune. Currently I have your tune for L99 w/ CAI, headers, exhaust. Stock gears, Automatic.
Most certainly sir, send me a data log i will need idle cruise and wot and if you have a afr gauge i will need to know what that ratio is at wot as well sir, the more information the more we can dial the car in for you
__________________

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky AWE Gforce GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:32 PM   #602
b4wheeler
 
b4wheeler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lothian, Md
Posts: 419
PM'D
__________________
2011 2SS/RS Convertible, Victory Red, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Scoop and Bottle, Oracle Ghosted side markers, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers, No Cats, Straight piped, Bo White TB, GM Factory GFX kit, lowered 1.0"+, Factory Camaro optional 21" wheels, CDC Roll bar and some powder coating and dipping.
b4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.