Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
sixpack

Drives: 2015 camaro rs
Angry A rant by George !

I hope I dont get in trouble for this rant, here we go. I am more than sick and tired of having to use sub standard crap coming from out of our country, the stuff on the shelves is junk compared to what our country used to be top shelf. think about this. Finishing nails with no dimples, put your punch on that and tap that nail in properly, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Also on the shelves are items that are dangerous to life and limb. It would be nice if they cared enough to screen the crap that they vend. Well this makes me feel better, I hope some of you agree with me.
sixpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #2
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I hope I dont get in trouble for this rant, here we go. I am more than sick and tired of having to use sub standard crap coming from out of our country, the stuff on the shelves is junk compared to what our country used to be top shelf. think about this. Finishing nails with no dimples, put your punch on that and tap that nail in properly, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Also on the shelves are items that are dangerous to life and limb. It would be nice if they cared enough to screen the crap that they vend. Well this makes me feel better, I hope some of you agree with me.
This is how capitalism and a free market works. If people will buy it, they will sell it. When enough people are tired of it, things will change.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #3
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
I hear everyday people complaining this way. What do I find? They are the first to whine that everything is too expensive.

People want stuff cheap, and they get what they pay for.

A small percentage of the population want quality stuff, but they will never overcome the majority who wants everything as cheap as possible.

Welcome to the 21st century.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
sixpack

If the aholes installed quality control, would there be anything left on their shelves ? I can remember when a quantity of material came into the country, from another country, I am sure that you will recall. Most of the goods were top shelf ! I am 85 years of age, when a young man I was always into performance engines. Learned to soup up engines, from flathead Ford V8s To Chevy 6 cyls now most of my tools are worn out.just like me. Now even if I could figure out how to work on the new engines, most of the tools available are crap. Over the years I built many Ford and Chevy engines. Thanks for reading an old mans ravings!
Old 05-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
If the aholes installed quality control, would there be anything left on their shelves ? I can remember when a quantity of material came into the country, from another country, I am sure that you will recall. Most of the goods were top shelf ! I am 85 years of age, when a young man I was always into performance engines. Learned to soup up engines, from flathead Ford V8s To Chevy 6 cyls now most of my tools are worn out.just like me. Now even if I could figure out how to work on the new engines, most of the tools available are crap. Over the years I built many Ford and Chevy engines. Thanks for reading an old mans ravings!
you don't know how true your quality control statement is. I work in a factory myself. coincidently I am currently in the department that handles the repairs customers send back to us. previously I used to build our product as well as manufacturing components before that. there is like little to no quality control. majority of the employees want it think its a great idea but management for whatever reason will not implement anything. I have seen bad parts come from inside our own company as well as outside vendors. seen flat head screws we use come in with no slots. A big box of like 500 or so not a single one with a screwdriver slot strait from a vendor to our build area lol. Don't get me started with what customers send back that went out our doors. My experience is this workers here generally want to do a good job but the system is kinda stacked against everyone. Focus from management is numbers lets make today worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
sixpack

War !

I intend to take one of the vendors to task,and bug the living s..it out of them are male electrical plugs that have no method to wire them properly, if not wired properly wired there is a good risk for injury or death!!!!.I will keep the forum of progress .