Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
lipskt2

Drives: LT Inferno Orange
Wow

Sorry to hear that. I just got mine this week and i think i would faint if anything happenend Hope it gets better for you.
lipskt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #16
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Sorry for your luck dude. However, sorry I can't let you borrow my SS.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Well at least its all fixable.
The car wash sucks, I suggest you find a "Laser Wash" or something similar aroung you to use from now on. One of those car washes where a robotic arm uses lasers and sensors to adjust to your car's size, then just sprays while you are parked on a concrete pad. No brushes, no metal guide tracks, no real chance of damage.

As for getting rear-ended at college, you should have filed a report with the police and campus security. A hit and run is a hit and run, no matter where or when it happened or if you saw it.

The accident at the intersection was partly your fault. You do not have right-of-way until the other driver gives it to you. You made an assumption without communication with the other driver, then you took your eyes off the road while going through an intersection; both are dumb moves (and you trusted old people to drive right). Hopefully you learn from this and drive a little more dfensively in the future.
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan3 View Post
Well at least its all fixable.
The car wash sucks, I suggest you find a "Laser Wash" or something similar aroung you to use from now on. One of those car washes where a robotic arm uses lasers and sensors to adjust to your car's size, then just sprays while you are parked on a concrete pad. No brushes, no metal guide tracks, no real chance of damage.

As for getting rear-ended at college, you should have filed a report with the police and campus security. A hit and run is a hit and run, no matter where or when it happened or if you saw it.

The accident at the intersection was partly your fault. You do not have right-of-way until the other driver gives it to you. You made an assumption without communication with the other driver, then you took your eyes off the road while going through an intersection; both are dumb moves (and you trusted old people to drive right). Hopefully you learn from this and drive a little more dfensively in the future.
Trusting ANYONE to drive right is a bad idea, its why I look both ways before crossing a one way street....
Old 10-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Sometimes cars are cursed.......really I believe that....
My brother bought his first new car in 86. It was wrecked 7 times within a year, not minor fender benders, real fender crunching wrecks! I thought it was just him but after getting rid of the car he hasn't been involved in any more accidents since.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue 2010 Camaro View Post
And lastly, on Wednesday night i get into a wreck at a 4 way stop sign at a decent size intersection with a dumb old couple. It was abot 9pm, so it was dark out, and the area wasnt very well lit. I thougt i was at the stop sign first, so i went and didnt pay attention to their car bc i figured i was there first. I start to drive off, looked down at something momentarily and next thing i hear is a BOOM and my whole front bumper is freakin gone! UNBELIEVABLE! I was and still am SO PISSED. I love my car so much and to have these 3 things happen to me just sucks so bad.
Which way was you turning, right or left and which way was they turning? Reason I ask is because if one of you was turning left they are automatically at fault unless you both was turning left.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Judging by the damage to the bumper, it appears that the OP was the driver on the left.

If you look at the picture of the nose of the car (front bumper), it looks to me like the actual point of contact was where the crack is on the upper left hand side...Wouldn't that mean that he was to the right of the old couple, and therefore had the right of way?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
If you look up the actual right-of-way laws, 90% of the ones that relate to situations like this read that the person [insert criteria here] should yield right-of-way.

A common misconception is that if you are the first person, you have right-of-way.
In fact, you DO NOT have right-of-way until the other person yields it to you. That is why both parties were cited. OP assumed he had right-of-way, the old farts apparently disagreed. OP should have been watching more carefully, not driving in a bubble.
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
sht i better start looking for the most isolated spots at school before this thing shows up

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Which way was you turning, right or left and which way was they turning? Reason I ask is because if one of you was turning left they are automatically at fault unless you both was turning left.
If I could draw a diagram, i would.

But basically the old couple was to my left. we were both going straight, no turning involved.

And ive never heard of these "laser washes", sounds legit...but theres another car wash around here ive found that works good. I've learned my lesson with that, and in general, i will be extremely careful and not trust anyone. I guess the accident coulda been partly my fault for not looking but o well...$250 deductible is not bad...although as a 21 year old student, my rates are going to jump like crazy unfortunately
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #25
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
thats embarrasing. knock on wood***
Old 10-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #26
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
This was my experience with my red 96 Z-28.

That car was cursed and made my life miserable for almost 3-4 years.

When I started telling people I bought a new Camaro they couldn't believe it. I'm convinced this time will be better.

Hope your luck changes soon!
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
I had the same issue with a new 1976 Pontiac Sunbird hatchback. I loved that car as it was my first new car. I had it 6 years and it was hit 7 times. None were my fault. The wild thing is that when I added up the repair cost from all 7 acidents the amount was more than the car cost new!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I feel for you man. I had a fender bender on Thursday. Same thing a whole new front clip. It sucks, but I guess these things happen.