Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #1
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Factory Rubber Differential bushings

Does any company like Moog make a replacement rubber differential bushing? I am getting a lot of suspension work done in the rear but I am NOT getting the differential bushings done. I got to drive in a car with poly. bushings in the differential and there is way to much NVH for my taste but I thought since the cradle is getting down with poly bushings and most of the rear suspension with poly shouldn't I just replace the differential with new rubber bushings? It seems that 90% of the noise is the differential bushings when going to poly.

I don't see a GM replacement part anywhere. Is there a factory replacement company like Moog that makes them?

Thanks
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Lingenfelter makes OEM replacements that you can buy - cheapest I’ve seen is on eBay. I installed BMR polys, they were noisy, and then swapped out for Whiteline polys. They have drilled circles in the bushings that will allow a little more give than the solid polys but they make virtually no noise. They still hold the diff in place light years better than the factory rubber ones. Whiteline and Pedders look the same to me, seem to have similar durometer (sp?) poly, but the Whiteline ones are nearly half the price. I couldn’t be happier.
Attached Images

Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
My BMR bushings are quiet.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Yep, I am leaving them in they look good. Stall and rear bmr suspension goes in tomorrow and Friday. Maybe I will have to post some video. I bet it still won't hook with drag radials now that I have the 3200 stall. I have general gmax rs which I think hook better than pirellis but I don't think I will still hook up now that I have the stall added without drag radials. Guess I will find out soon.lol
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #5
mf1ve

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
Lingenfelter makes OEM replacements that you can buy - cheapest I’ve seen is on eBay. I installed BMR polys, they were noisy, and then swapped out for Whiteline polys. They have drilled circles in the bushings that will allow a little more give than the solid polys but they make virtually no noise. They still hold the diff in place light years better than the factory rubber ones. Whiteline and Pedders look the same to me, seem to have similar durometer (sp?) poly, but the Whiteline ones are nearly half the price. I couldn’t be happier.
This was a great tip - thanks! I also got too much noise from the BMRs and wanted to swap. I looked into the Whiteline polys, but they were out of stock (back in stock now as of a couple of days ago).

I bought a set of the Lingenfelter bushings (great price) and when they arrived, the paperwork listed them as "used". They appear to be "like-new" bushings removed very carefully from new, or like-new differential housings. There were slight drag-marks on the outer shells from installation/removal, but otherwise the bushings looked and smelled new.

I installed these bushings today, and presto: no more noise! Driveline rubberbanding is no different than with the BMRs (stock 1SS driveline).
mf1ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #6
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Nice! Glad to hear it. Not much movement with the like new rubber bushings?
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote